my DBO kit arrived today !!!

Started by DBOdude, August 06, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

WyoMan

Nice set up booty.....the longer barrel and f/t setup will make nice power  :-*
not sure I'd go 1/4" for the pivot.....that will take alot of meat off the pivot tine holes.....some folks have had that part fail (oval) but usually it work hardens real fast
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

Quote from: Booty Monster on August 09, 2013, 04:43:26 AM
thanks 1377x . $16 shipped huh , i'll be placing that order tomorrow  :-* that should take it from 440ish on 10 pumps up to the low 500's and also reduce the report a lil ...... not that i find it loud to start with . but i'm sure the spl will go up when i get it modded to 650ish or a hair more  ;)

i looked at a pack of drill bits that had a 3/16 and 1/4 next to each other . but i'll wait since i don't need to take it apart that far yet . i'll probably just wait and order one when i get my f/t setup .
be sure to order other parts like o-rings transfer port gaskets,discovery hammer spring
shipping is flat ratebest to get what you can in one order
like wyoman said the 1/4" hole will take some meat out
imo as long as the flat top or adjustable piston isnt over adjusted all the hole will not wear
in my experience hanging on the pump lever and over adjustment of the adjustable piston has been the only thing to cause the mounting holes to elongate
if you have to pin a valve to keep it from moving back your piston is over-adjusted
closed mouths dont get fed

DBOdude

thanks guys , just ordered the barrel , it was $14.10 plus $4 shipping and could take 2-6 weeks to get here . ordered before your post 1377x and didn't order any other parts this time . i spent all i can afford on it this month already , LOL  .  :-[

i did do a few other small mods . i put the fuzzy velcro between the main tube and the pump arm . it really reduced the pumping noise a lot , down to a dull quiet thump  ;) and i used electrical on the trigger frame to eliminate most of the slop between it and the shoulder stock . i can still wiggle it some putting a little muscle into it but it seems solid other than that and is certainly doesn't have the 1/8 inch or so of play that was in it to start with . both of these are necessary minor tweaks that i was expecting to do and i'm still very happy with the DBO kit . BTW .... got some CPHP in the tin from wally world and haven't had any loading issues or hangs/catches like i did with the pointed ones supplied with it , and they do seem more accurate  :)
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

1377x

just keep in mind the other stuff with your next order
the barrel went up $2.01 since i last bought one. they was $12.09+$4
good fix on the pump arm. the nutters around me stop and look when i am pumping,instead of running so i never thought of dampening the noise.
the stock wobble i had some packing peanut that i put in the stock where the bottom of the grip frame touches. surprisingly it stopped the wobble completely. not bad for a free fix

Randall Wells

" I don't need no arms around me, and I don't need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all "

DBOdude

6 days later and the barrel is now in my hands ! ;D :D
i do appreciate the lady at crosman giving me the 2-6 week warning ... just in case . but i'm much much much happier it wasn't necessary this time  :-* .
it was nicely protected in a triangle cardboard box with packing paper in it .  ;)

BDS

Cool beans on the barrel... and your new handle (DBO) fits your new airgun addiction IMO :-*
Brian

DBOdude

thanks BDS . i'm really liking the new barrel . after sighting in the scope with the new barrel i'm shooting minute of crab apple at 10 yards about 8 out of 10 times . keep in mind i'm a not a great shot and have a lot of room for improvement in my shooting skills .

i'm a happy fat dude  :-*

BDS

Cool  8)

The more you shoot it, the better it will get, you will be at "minute of MM candy" at 10 meters 9 out of 10 shots before you know it  :-*
Brian

DBOdude

OH NOOOOO !!!!!!

M&M's are way too tasty to use for targets  :-* 

i've been out in the field behind the house several times seeing how steady i can hold the crosshairs on rabbits , i haven't shot any and i'm not sure that i will , but if i do they are in TROUBLE ! but i do need to make some shooting sticks . i'm all over the place standing alone , but if i have a tree , post or something to steady myself against i can dry fire with them in the scope and is looks like my aim stays good . gotta get a lot more practice before i feel i can make a definite , humane quick kill shot ...... IF , if i decide to have some rabbit or squirrel for dinner . i'm enjoying the DBO soo much :)

the new barrel seemed to sight in easier/quicker than the stock one , but i'm thinking thats probably just because i'm getting used to the gun and scope . 

the scope , it's ok , but i still find myself thinking side AO would be much more comfortable/less cumbersome to deal with and it does want to get cloudy view sometimes .......

BDS

:D ;D

Get one of these, and if you can knock it down at 10 meters you are good to go for small rabbits or squirrels (real kill zone on rabbits is behind ear, about same for squirrels)

These are everywhere... Cabelas, Big 5 and other stores so you don't have to order online
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on August 16, 2013, 08:24:55 PM
:D ;D

Get one of these, and if you can knock it down at 10 meters you are good to go for small rabbits or squirrels (real kill zone on rabbits is behind ear, about same for squirrels)

These are everywhere... Cabelas, Big 5 and other stores so you don't have to order online
behind the ear?
i hit them behind the eye in front of ear something like this

WyoMan

Quote from: 1377x on August 17, 2013, 06:24:09 AM
behind the ear?
i hit them behind the eye in front of ear something like this

Ed, your guns will make a bigger hole than that  ;D ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

DBOdude

well , i have a unexpected problem , but it's no biggie . the pivot pin for the pump arm keeps wanting to slide out the right side of the main tube . been tapping it back in with a hammer but i'll need to do a pivot pin replacement sooner rather than later .  :-*

been thinking of something like something you suggested BDS , also been looking at some of the swinging ones . i like the swing one i seen someones thread on making it with empty Co2 cartridges . i was thinking about making one and just using a old table spoon , soup spoon and teaspoon