my DBO kit arrived today !!!

Started by DBOdude, August 06, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

1377x

pivot pin replacement is in the top five things that need replacing with this gun
you can make one yourself if you have a dremel/rotary tool
mountainair has them for $5 the last i saw
do you have an adjustable piston?
closed mouths dont get fed

DBOdude

thanks , i'll call tomorrow and check on the shipping . will this also need the holes drilled out to 3/16 inch ? i guess i'll go check ace hardware and southern states for something too . i'm surprised that neither lowes or homedepot had something in 3/16 though .

no FT setup yet , was gonna get that next month , but i may get the 1701P (PN# 2220-103) trigger , spring and order a solid hammer from mellon air instead .....  :-\
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

1377x

on my guns no drillin/reaming of anykind was needed. see if it will fit before doing any reaming
i know homedepot has 3/16 brass aluminum and steel i was goung to get some but it was long 4" lengths and all i need is 1" lengths
menards has them and i know ace carries them too
not hard to make with a dremel a few member have made them in the past
cut to size chuck it up in a drill/drillpress use a cutting wheel on the dremel cut the groves. the number of cutting wheels skacked will change the size of the o-ring needed or if you can tap it. thats an option
a solid pin is definitely a must as you can see
no more pounding

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on August 20, 2013, 06:47:20 PM
on my guns no drillin/reaming of anykind was needed. see if it will fit before doing any reaming
i know homedepot has 3/16 brass aluminum and steel i was goung to get some but it was long 4" lengths and all i need is 1" lengths
menards has them and i know ace carries them too
not hard to make with a dremel a few member have made them in the past
cut to size chuck it up in a drill/drillpress use a cutting wheel on the dremel cut the groves. the number of cutting wheels skacked will change the size of the o-ring needed or if you can tap it. thats an option
a solid pin is definitely a must as you can see
no more pounding

Not to hijack, but I still have to pound. I drilled (turned by hand) it out to 3/16" too. not sure where I went wrong but the pump arm flops around some.

/hijack
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

Quote from: Tater on August 20, 2013, 08:46:16 PM
Not to hijack, but I still have to pound. I drilled (turned by hand) it out to 3/16" too. not sure where I went wrong but the pump arm flops around some.

/hijack
did do anything to the pump lever? this part

if not it can stretch from having an improperly adjusted piston or hanging on it

Tater

No, just turned a 3/16" bit through it be hand.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Tater, did it take much "meat" out of the linkage hole when you used the drill bit?

If no, I'd guess it was already going egg-shape on you. What does it measure at?
Brian

DBOdude

a few updates ......
i wound up not drilling out to 1/4 inch and got a pivot pin from a.c.customparts . i got a 3/16 bit , but it went through the holes in the linkage and main tube without drilling and AC's pin went right in with no change to the stock pivot pin holes  . is it possible crosman has changed to a 3/16 roll pin ?

i also got a F/T valve from AC , waiting for him to make some more F/T pistons so i can get one to go with his valve . also got some MAC1 secret sauce so when i change them i'll clean and relube with it . also got some 30mm medium dovetail rings from MAC1 for my new scope .

took the CP 4-16x40 back to wally world and now have a leapers/utg 30mm 4-16x44 scope on it . love the scope , but don't care for the finger tightening thingies for the rings and didn't care for the looks with the little weaver to dovetail tab thingies under them . i have the wheel on mine and i'll admit it is a big scope and the wheel in combo with the stock rings and adapters under them looks really cluttered/busy on that side . changing to the 30mm medium dovetail rings helps tone that down some . the swat turret is tight and i'm very glad i went ahead and got the wheel , it makes focusing/changing parallax so easy !! it more than compensates for any detraction in looks IMO . heres a few pics with the initial ring/adapter setup ......

here's a couple with the new rings .

and one with the CP scope for comparing the size of the different scopes on the DBO

i like the new scope a lot . but keep in mind the leapers and centerpoint are the only real scopes i've used in decades . it looks great to me , love the size and spacing of the mil-dots and the side focus is sooooo nice . i did go out at dusk and as the sun went down the view got dimmer and dimmer (duh) but i could shoot ok with it for a while . but when it's dark (even with a "harvest moon") there is very little to be seen through the scope . shine a light on something at night though and it works great . didn't install the batteries to try the lighted reticle yet . and a question on that ..... if i put the batteries in and somehow forget they are in there can they leak and damage the scope or it's electronics ?

thats about it for now , gonna do a few cheap/freebie mods to the trigger , end plug/barrel band and may try extending the bolt ..... . but i'm gonna order a AC piston as soon as he puts them up for sale . :-*

vertguy

Quote from: DBOdude on September 20, 2013, 01:31:02 AM
a few updates ......
i wound up not drilling out to 1/4 inch and got a pivot pin from a.c.customparts . i got a 3/16 bit , but it went through the holes in the linkage and main tube without drilling and AC's pin went right in with no change to the stock pivot pin holes  . is it possible crosman has changed to a 3/16 roll pin ?

I just ordered the same pin in black and I decided to measure my relatively new PC77 after reading your post. Crosman must have changed the diameter as mine measures 3/16 as well. One less thing I need to do when the pin arrives :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

i have/had the first 1377's that came out and never had to drill anything to use a mellon pin which is 3/16 also
the only time drilling is needed imo is when you use the mellon bearing and i cant recall what size that is but i dont use it so it is a non-issue
glad you went the 3/16 way dbodude i have seen someone use a 1/4" pivot pin before but it the only time i have seen that one time.
your gun is coming together nicely

DBOdude

Quote from: vertguy on September 20, 2013, 02:12:54 AM
I just ordered the same pin in black ............

AC makes them in black ?

was just a $2 bit . i got it cause AC's add says " ...... Easy to install, all you have to do is drill out the pump pin holes to 3/16" because they are a bit undersized to begin with. ...... " no biggie  :)

thanks 1377x . it's gonna be a tool for me , nothing compared to many of the guns shown on this forum , some of which are IMHO truly works of art . shoot , i'd be scared to own or use some of them because honestly i'm a little clumsy sometimes . but i've done a good bit of lurking and asking questions and using the search function on the forum and hope/think i've made good parts and accessory choices so far . i do wish that 6-24 varmint deal had worked out though . i really don't use 6x or even 8x , i use 10x for 10 yards and looking at the back woodline at 16x i keep wondering what 24x would look like . LOL

vertguy

PC77
FX Verminator .22

DBOdude

1377x

i think that from use the pivot hole opens, especially if its getting lots of use and from over adjusted pistons
the one thing i noticed i used to do was hang on the pump arm when pumping that probably helped make the hole bigger too. i stopped hanging on the arm and adjusted my piston properly then hole has stayed the same size for the last several years
even with a stock piston you can still stretch the hole

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs