my DBO kit arrived today !!!

Started by DBOdude, August 06, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on August 21, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
did do anything to the pump lever? this part

if not it can stretch from having an improperly adjusted piston or hanging on it

I haven't had it apart yet since I put the pin in but it's definitely the pump lever that is loose. I have no idea how to adjust the piston, but the forearm just barely stays closed.

Quote from: BDS on August 21, 2013, 09:10:07 PM
Tater, did it take much "meat" out of the linkage hole when you used the drill bit?

If no, I'd guess it was already going egg-shape on you. What does it measure at?

I'm not sure of the measurement, but I don't believe it's getting egg-shaped though.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

which piston do you have?
mellon's has a set screw loosen that turn it then check to see if the arm will still close. if you are using something like an ac piston then you loosen the nutturn the head same as the mellon
i have my piston adjusted just enough to keep the arm closed. if you over adjust it it will push the valve back damaging it and it will stretch out all the holes. pivot,grip frame and pump lever(pictured in your post) holes.
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on September 20, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
which piston do you have?
mellon's has a set screw loosen that turn it then check to see if the arm will still close. if you are using something like an ac piston then you loosen the nutturn the head same as the mellon
i have my piston adjusted just enough to keep the arm closed. if you over adjust it it will push the valve back damaging it and it will stretch out all the holes. pivot,grip frame and pump lever(pictured in your post) holes.

I still have the stock piston in it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

Quote from: Tater on September 21, 2013, 11:46:45 AM
I still have the stock piston in it.
well about the only adjusting you can do with that is add a washer or o-ring under the pump cup
closed mouths dont get fed