Latest Crosman parts cost and a question

Started by rangerfredbob, August 22, 2013, 06:41:08 AM

rangerfredbob

I made a parts order from Crosman last week and here's some latest prices:

-24" .22 barrel 2260-003 $14.10
-14.5" .22 barrel 2250-019 $13.02
-13XX valve assembly 1322C013 $6.08 (dang that's cheap)
-standard front sight 788-101 $1.15
-fiber optic front sight 760-201 $1.54
-carbine stock with screw holes 1399A001 $10.87
-760 barrel band 760D008 $1.15
-760 pump tube 760G094 $7.05
-Left 1701 grip 1700-031 $1.74
-Right 1701 grip 1700-032 $1.74

That's pretty cheap, but everything I got today added up to $67.07 with shipping (I skipped a couple things that no one cares about), they charged me $103 and change as I had a few other parts on my order (a couple Mrod magazines and a Powermaster 66 barrel mostly), there's no note that they are sending the rest later or anything, is this normal? I'll give them a call tomorrow hopefully if work isn't too insane...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Mark5043

Yup it's a weird thing with Crosman.Most of the time I get charged double,then "all" funds are credited back right before shipping.Then when the item ships they take out the original cost of the order.Crosman service is great,but I've never seen a billing system like that... ???
That being said,they always come through...Give em' a call,I'd say.

rangerfredbob

I forgot a few parts anyway... so I'll try to call in the next couple days
Near McMinnville, Oregon

1377x

Quote from: Mark5043 on August 22, 2013, 07:09:47 AM
Yup it's a weird thing with Crosman.Most of the time I get charged double,then "all" funds are credited back right before shipping.Then when the item ships they take out the original cost of the order.Crosman service is great,but I've never seen a billing system like that... ???
That being said,they always come through...Give em' a call,I'd say.
and here i thought i was the only one that happened to.
now i just run over to the ag shop
$5 worth of gas saves time on the phone, no double/triple charges and same day parts
closed mouths dont get fed

rangerfredbob

The closest Crosman service shop is 45 minutes away from work if I remember right (might be on in Salem, but they would be closed when I could get there), so there's no real chance of me getting to one :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

breakfastchef

Quote from: rangerfredbob on August 22, 2013, 07:43:30 AM
The closest Crosman service shop is 45 minutes away from work if I remember right (might be on in Salem, but they would be closed when I could get there), so there's no real chance of me getting to one :)

Call the shop. They may ship parts to you. I have a Crosman repair shop three hours away from me and there is no way I am driving down to visit with them for a few parts. But, I can call them, tell them what I need, they ship and I remit a PayPal payment. And, if they have the parts I need, I get them faster than if I order directly from Crosman.
Larry

1377x

a good thing to remember also is
not all service stations are equal!!
i know of one with sky high prices better off buying on ebay or jg. i have a good one here
and another just below ebay or jg basically a toss up of which one you want to deal with
the one i go to has reasonable prices and repairs are reasonable too.
like 140 reseal parts. what most charge for the parts, i can get the gun resealed by an experienced professional for less than their parts price
he is in the air gun repair business not a parts supplier business as he tells me but he knows how i dont like crosmans billing process so he orders extra parts for me. cash-n-carry just the way i like it ;)

closed mouths dont get fed

tinker

About parts availability,
  Everything has to come from CONUS across the Pacific to Honolulu!  No such thing as a service center or a repair shop here :D

Strickly DIY :-*
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

breakfastchef

Quote from: tinker on August 22, 2013, 09:14:30 PM
About parts availability,
  Everything has to come from CONUS across the Pacific to Honolulu!  No such thing as a service center or a repair shop here :D

Strickly DIY :-*
Glen

Glen, you may have identified a niche market for the islands. Tinkers Airgun Repair & Custom Airgun Shop - how cool.
Larry

Noah

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 22, 2013, 11:59:29 PM

Glen, you may have identified a niche market for the islands. Tinkers Airgun Repair & Custom Airgun Shop - how cool.

Tinker would have his hands full with me as a customer  ;D :D ;)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

;D ;D It woulld be Larry and Noah prividing me a good laugh.
Thanks,
Glen
(Tinker)

Noah

I don't know how much airgun business Glen would have in Hawaii because of the limited number of enthusiasts, but I can tell you that 100% of my repairs have had to be sent back to the mainland and NOTHING has been purchased here.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

Quote from: Noah on August 23, 2013, 03:09:50 AM
I don't know how much airgun business Glen would have in Hawaii because of the limited number of enthusiasts, but I can tell you that 100% of my repairs have had to be sent back to the mainland and NOTHING has been purchased here.

X2 on purchases. But Tinkering my repairs and build.

Glen
(Tinker)

Noah

Tinker,

We need to get together some time for some shootin and perhaps YOU repair/mod some of my guns  ;) :-*

tinker

(Tinker)