Modding my PC77 has begun

Started by vertguy, September 05, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

vertguy

And considering I saw a thread where someone else did the same thing when installing these grips and thought I was being cautious. Oh well, part of the fun. More props to RB Grips... Ralph's customer service focus continued to shine as he promptly responded to my request about the type of finish he used so I can replicate it once the repair is complete. And after a quick search, I found a fairly local wood working supply shop that has it in stock :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

BDS

Too late to help but, next time, I always protect the area around the roll pin holes with a piece of shim stock held on by blue painters tape. The shim stock has a .125" hole in it for the punch. Has saved me lot's of "skid marks" over the years.

PS that gun deserves a 2x pistol scope like a BSA Edge, I have one on my 2300 KT and I have to TRY to miss the same hole in the target at 10 meters.  :-*
Brian

vertguy

I finally had some time to sight in the new UTG Dot scope... all I can say is WOW!! Not sure I will ever go back to open sights as this made all the difference in the world to my accuracy!! I am getting groupings the size of a quarter at 20 and 30 ft.

Several had asked me about the sighting using this stock adapter and I think the new offset design helps as my cheek lined up nicely looking down the scope.

PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

I can't wait to see some critters sunning themselves!

The scatter on the left were my sighting shots... then things were grouping nicely after a couple windage tweaks as I started with the lower left target and worked around counter clockwise with groups of 5.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

vertguy

Considering the scatter I was generating with the open sights, this was a huge improvement. And for a guy that has not shot a gun in >17 years, I am more than satisfied. Now I can get some real practice in and tighten those groupings a bit.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

sounds like you are going to be stretching it out.  @25 yards the dot gets huge and covers the bull if not the whole target, 20yards is pushing it imo. the smaller moa dots are better if trying to go past that. in the dark its worse, outside it will appear smaller the brighter it is outside the smaller the dot looks
cant wait to see what you do keep us posted :-*
closed mouths dont get fed