Placed an order from crosman. Didnt gomthe way i planned.

Started by woody67, September 07, 2013, 01:45:40 AM

woody67

I called crosman today and placed an order for:

All the components of a complete trigger frame
2240 hammer, pin and spring
A 2250 barrel band
A steel breech
And 2 barrels

Total came to $115.00

Ha, F that! I can buy a brand new 2400kt from the custom shop for less!

On top of that, the guy who took my order was heaving sighs and seemed really annoyed.

Someone raised some prices...that order should have been much cheaper. The trigger parts, barrel band and hammer came out to almost $50. Bullshhhh. I can buy all of that for $25 on ebay with free shipping.

The price list i have for all of that is waaaay lower. Anyone know when/why they changed prices?

bgmcgee

Dang that does seem a little steep. Haven't ordered from Crosman in a few months so I couldn't tell ya.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

woody67

I was surprised to hear the price when he gave it to me. Needless to say, i did not complete the order!

chongman

A bit of sticker shock eh  :o

A bit puzzled by your order of "all the components of a complete trigger frame".  It is cheaper to just buy the assembly.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

vertguy

I just placed an order today as well from Crosman and the guy was super nice along with mentioning the price for each part as he took my order. Not sure what barrels you ordered, but the 2250 barrel was $13 and barrel band $2.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

DaveB50

Much cheaper to order complete assemblies than the individual parts. I ordered the back half of a Disco valve and the valve stem once, they cost more than a complete valve assembly. Screws and other small parts are a minimum of $1.15 apiece.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

woody67

I think i had a parts list that was a few years old...i didnt know they sold the entire assembly.
I picked one up off ebay for less than $20, so all is ok for now :-*

DaveB50

Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on September 07, 2013, 04:19:24 AM
I think i had a parts list that was a few years old...i didnt know they sold the entire assembly.
I picked one up off ebay for less than $20, so all is ok for now :-*
and to think you sold trigger groups for less. if i was to buy that whole order it would me @ $65 w/1701tg not the standard tg
must have been the guy taking your order

closed mouths dont get fed