.177/.22 bolt sizes

Started by airriflenut, September 12, 2013, 01:44:42 AM

airriflenut

A quick question...is the .22 bolt the same diameter (.250") as the .177 bolt and just the seal/o-ring are sized according to caliber?  Being that I don't have anything Crosman in .22 I'm not sure about the bolt diameter.

I want to start another build soon, .177 as usual, but most times when I check Crosman, Pyramyd and other sites it seems they are always out of stock for the .177 breech.  If the the bolts are the same diameter I could order a .22 breech if I had to and just make the bolt myself.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

chongman

Yes, bolt diameters are the same.  The difference is in the probe or tip of the bolt.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

airriflenut

Quote from: chongman on September 12, 2013, 01:48:23 AM
Yes, bolt diameters are the same.  The difference is in the probe or tip of the bolt.

Thank you sir.  :-*

I have already made two brass .177 bolts so a few more wouldn't hurt...I've still got plenty of brass rod.

Thanks again.
Sterling

WyoMan

Sometimes you can actually use the same bolt for both calibers by swapping the oring from 003 to 004 for steel and 004 to 005 for plastic breeches...
some times you have to go one size larger oring depends on the leade and how much gap between bbl and breech
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

airriflenut

Thanks for the info Wyo!  I just happen to have the 003, 004 and 005 o-rings, ordered them from McMaster last year.  I even got some 001 1/2 rings for the Bic lighter transfer tube to barrel "mod"...they work great.
Sterling