.177 barrel source for cut/crown to 20"

Started by airriflenut, September 30, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

airriflenut

I was going to order p/n 1760-001 from Crosman but was told it was an obsolete part or p/n.  I was going to use my wood lathe to cut and crown the factory barrel to 20".  After considering uncertainty of getting a clean square cut I think my better choice would be to get a barrel from a supplier that will cut and crown a barrel.

Which leads me to this question: who are a couple of reputable suppliers that carry the .177 barrel, will cut and crown it without costing a fortune?  If I can get a few to check out I could better suit my budget for my needs.

Oh yeah, I'm building a bulk feed in .177.

Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

vertguy

Try BnA (http://www.bryanandac.com/) as they will custom cut/crown any length up 24 inches for $35 shipped. I just received a 14 inch barrel from them and have no complaints. Think it was about a 1 week turn around from order placed to barrel delivered... much quicker than the 3 month wait with Mellon.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

bgmcgee

Check with mac1airguns too. He does s trap nice job on the crown and polishes the lead end too.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

1377x

for .177 barrels you have to order discovery barrels they come in 24" or 26"
if i knew the part numbers i would supply them but they can be found on the crosman site or around here
closed mouths dont get fed

airriflenut

Thank you CAPOF brothers!!  I appreciate the leads, I'll check around and see what they've got.
Sterling

1377x

let me tell you the 26" barrels are 2x-3x the 24" on down
im going to get a 26" .177 barrel in the next couple days and use it on my target shooter

Flex

Quote from: 1377x on October 01, 2013, 03:44:06 AM
let me tell you the 26" barrels are 2x-3x the 24" on down
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean when you say that? Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

airriflenut

Not quite sure what Ed is talking about, I'm curious myself.

I ordered a barrel from Crosman when I found I good part number for it...1760SE-001.
It's 24" but I did a test cut and crown on the 2240 barrel yesterday.  I won't use that barrel so it was sacrificed for the cut/crown test.  I have to admit, using a wood lathe with a custom self-made cutter (made for hollowing wood actually) to form the crown it looks damn good!!
Sterling

1377x

i forgot a word 2-3x the cost of a 24" barrel . it was @ $30 for a stock 26" crosman/benji barrel made for the UK market so they can add a ldc
you might still be able to order them. the 24" barrels on down are 2-3x less guess i said it twice, i think. just got done watching some football i'll probably wait to post some more ;)

airriflenut

I get what you're saying.  A 26" would make a nice target gun...a 26" LW, now THAT would be a dream of a shooter!! :-* :-*
Sterling

bgmcgee

After seeing the parts you are making on that wood lathe I would think a crown job would be a piece of cake for you. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"