crosman barrels are really soft

Started by 1377x, October 01, 2013, 09:19:31 PM

1377x

i have an old barrel i use for a dowl rod
the other day i put together the ldc i reworked . while i was putting it together i messed up and put a part in backwards. these parts are press fit and i had to knock all of them out. i used the crosman barrel qnd hit it with a small hammer this is what happened,i wasnt hitting it that hard

this is the same barrel i made a deep crown on so that probably contributed. look even after all the damage the crown is still there
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

I take it you used a steel hammer which is harder than the barrel.  Next time try a brass head hammer!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

onebaddj

dang that is soft. i usually use a dead blow hammer or put a piece of wood on the metal so i dont bugger it up. either way would expect it to mash it like that.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

arkmaker †

Even PB barrels are surprisingly soft. I have a cutoff cr barrel around here somewhere that looks just like yours Ed  ;D

And don't even go there about how soft the soda straw barrels seem to be. Dang if I didn't mess up a 1077 barrel not being more careful and I was using a delrin punch on it!

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on October 05, 2013, 03:13:43 PM
how to make a custom crosman barrel ;D

Hey, install it and see how it shoots .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x