Got the itch again

Started by Crosshairs, October 09, 2013, 01:59:30 AM

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: BigErn on October 13, 2013, 05:37:08 PM
Nice parts there Mike  :-*   I know the feeling... I want to build something new but I really don't have the room for any more guns  >:(  I would have to get rid of some of the builds I have done to create new ones, that's really hard for me to do since I love them all!
BigE , you and Mike need to get a BIGGER place to put them like I did. :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WyoMan

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on October 18, 2013, 12:29:16 AM
  BigE , you and Mike need to get a BIGGER place to put them like I did. :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Didn't you build a whole new shop Trophy?
I built a bunch of racks with peg dowels cause I was running out of room fast...now I'm good for a little while  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: WyoMan on October 18, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
Didn't you build a whole new shop Trophy?
I built a bunch of racks with peg dowels cause I was running out of room fast...now I'm good for a little while  ;D
[/quote
  No , I bought one already built , and it's getting pretty full now.  ;D ;D I do have another I can move next to it and just build a hallway between them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Crosshairs

I have a grip frame on it's way from HPA. Parts starting to come together. Any ideas on the grips for the HPA grip frame.

Mike

arkmaker †

Is it the BF trigger frame?
If it is, I have an extra grip (it is not the best) I could send you until you find something you like better. Take a look at 1377x thread on his 1322 and you can see what it looks like. It'll get the job done until you find one.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,9373.msg165944.html#msg165944
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Quote from: arkmaker on October 18, 2013, 06:40:06 PM
Is it the BF trigger frame?
If it is, I have an extra grip (it is not the best) I could send you until you find something you like better. Take a look at 1377x thread on his 1322 and you can see what it looks like. It'll get the job done until you find one.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,9373.msg165944.html#msg165944
Rich
Thanks much Rich i think i might have found one.
                               Mike

Crosshairs

Mo parts the grip frame came today things are starting to come together.
                                     Mike

WyoMan

Very nice Mike  :-* doesn't look like you're holding back  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Crosshairs

Quote from: WyoMan on October 20, 2013, 02:45:00 AM
Very nice Mike  :-* doesn't look like you're holding back  ;D
Lol Wyo a little at a time but i can't wait ;D.

Crosshairs

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 13, 2013, 01:26:29 PM
Ok some some parts came in.
Any tricks with the lining up the holes after i cut the threads off the tube.
                               Mike

bgmcgee

Wow this is gonna be sweet.  :-* :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

gdm620

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 20, 2013, 02:52:27 AM
Any tricks with the lining up the holes after i cut the threads off the tube.
                               Mike

The only way I know of doing it would be to careful measurement from the inner edge of the step down on the adapter to the center of the scew hole.  Then use that measurement from end of tube after you get it cut square to the center of where you want the hole.  Just make sure you drill the hole in the center of the tube and straight through.  I assume there is a screw on the otherside of the adapter.  Use a center punch so the drill won't wonder.  It wonders easily on a round tube.  It would be easy on a mill but I can't remember if you have one or not.  Drill press will work also just make sure you have it secured tightly. 

It is harder to find the center of the tube on a drill press.  On a mill I use a edge finder and center off the edge of the vise jaw and measure my tube dia. and half it and run my mill out from the edge of the vise jaw to amount of my half dia. measurement.  Then I use the edge finder and touch off on the end of the tube and center that and them move in the amount needed there.  That should be the center of the hole that is needed to be drilled.  If there are two holes straight across then you can just drill both holes straight through the tube.    Hope I didn't confuse you with my bad explaining.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

arkmaker †

Mike,
Someone made a little template for marking the holes for drilling. I think it was on the Green, but then again it could have been here too.
Do a search for "aligning tank block" or something like that and you may get lucky. I remember it was a very good idea.

Found it, but the pictures are gone now. Still might be of help.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1267150764/Evidently+I%27m+not+bright+enough+to+work+the+search...
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22