13xx accuracy issues

Started by Bill in SC, October 29, 2013, 05:24:34 PM

Bill in SC

Sounds like your 1322 is ON! Congrats! Yes, I know that the accuracy IS in these guns. I am now leaning towards the barrel band/roll pin. It might be my imagination, but looking down from the top of the gun after cocking and shooting each time, It seems like the band is shifting around. I can't twist the whole setup by hand and get it to move, but the torque from cocking and then shooting it could be causing the band to shift. What barrel band do you folks recommend as being the best and most able to secure the barrel from moving? Blue Fork? Michael Chavka?

Bill in SC

DBOdude

you can try stuffing the barrel band with aluminum can stripes as explained in the article by nervoustrigger .

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n3ro6yphs4ql2l4/orhYCuIPBw/Crosman%202289%20mods.pdf

i did it on my DBO kit . it helped a lot but even with 6 strips there is still just a little bit of wiggle . i REALLY don't wanna spend $43 on one .....  :( . but if it's the only way i can eliminate absolutely %100 of the barrel movement i may have too . i'm worried if i keep adding strips that ill just stretch the tube out ..... but i've got one more trick i wan't to try before i drop those presidents .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Bill in SC

I agree with not WANTING to drop the $ on one, but... " but if it's the only way i can eliminate absolutely %100 of the barrel movement i may have too ".

Bill in SC

Bill in SC

After handling the gun all day since shortening the barrel, I have noticed how well balanced it now is. Looking at it closely, it's symmetry and ergonomics are just "right". From the front of the trigger guard to the end of the butt is 17 1/4 inches. From the front of the trigger guard to the end of the LDC is 17 1/2 inches. I got lucky and it just worked out that way. I am very pleased with it's length and can hardly wait to get it grouping nicely.

Bill in SC

Tater

looks like your ready to do some catfishing.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs