I can't stop myself...

Started by woody67, October 31, 2013, 02:43:05 PM

woody67

it seems I can't start a project, finish it, and be done.

I keep finding new projects to start, either right after I finish a project or while I'm in the middle of one.

Here's the latest, and hopefully the last. Well, I have a marauder pistol coming next week. These two will be the last ones.

Unless I do a build for the short 'Kid' friendly stock I just modified...

oh man.

Anyway, I added (wow, 60% of that word is D's) a 2400kt foregrip to the 357. ---I took the front section off the 357 (one screw where it pivots to open), pulled the barrel out and removed the weight. Then I used 2 small screws in the openings on the foregrip and just screwed them right into the bottom section of the 357 barrel area. It is a Very solid hold.
Next will be to put in a barrel from a 1377 and add a small shroud/brake, probably from C.Mellon. Then I'll repaint it--since this is the kiddo's gun it will be up to her what color. I'm hoping I can convince her to stay away from pink and purple, but I'll still shoot it no matter what color it is. It's a really fun gun to shoot, and will be more fun w/extra power and quiet shooting!

Cross Pistol Packer

Looks like a nice shooter.
Your last project.... ;D
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Crosshairs

Quote from: Cross Pistol Packer on October 31, 2013, 02:51:36 PM
Your last project.... ;D
Really stop right there ;D Nice gun that 1377 barrel should make her a nice target shooter.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KevinP

WoW ,,, nice concept .... I like it ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

K.O.

Wow the grip looks like it was designed for it...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

woody67

Quote from: Cross Pistol Packer on October 31, 2013, 02:51:36 PM
Your last project.... ;D

Stop, I really think I can quit this time.... ??? hahaha

Quote from: K.O. on October 31, 2013, 06:05:19 PM
Wow the grip looks like it was designed for it...

I thought the same thing! It does stick out a bit on the sides, but I'm sure I can fill the gaps with an epoxy or something. If I leave it the way it is, it still looks fine.

WyoMan

Looking forward to seeing this project woody  :-*
longer barrel for more fps and less noise like you said...exactly what I got with the LW P17 mod...
not sure about the last project thing though  ;D ... sent you PM, eagle is "in flight"
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

woody67

Thanks Wyoman! I really appreciate it the barrel donation!

If anyone wants the original barrel from this, let me know and it is yours.

I will keep everyone updated on the build...

soolio

That looks great with the foregrip Woody!!!! I'm interested in seeing how you get a 1377 barrel to fit. I messed around and put my 2100 barrel in my Vigilante 357 and it slips right in. It would need the transfer port holes cut off, but it fits. It's a 20" barrel to start so lots to play with. Good luck with your project! And with NOT starting another one!!!!! Lol  ;D