Round ball

Started by Trophyhunter49, November 10, 2013, 04:24:54 AM

woody67

Quote from: millipede on November 17, 2013, 07:03:07 PM
i like them. they usually do well out to 50 feet. i havent tried any of the H&N brand though, too expensive. I often think about building a 9mm gun so i can cast my own balls for it. On the slingshot forum ive heard that an 8mm ball will fully penetrate a rabbit and slingshots only shoot about 200fps with that caliber
Quote from: Davio on November 17, 2013, 10:42:05 PM
We don't call them "rounds of ammunition" for nothing!  ;)

Velocity isn't everything, of course but cross bow and bows are not speed demons, either.

Rabbits are like paper. You can tear the skin by pulling on it. I wouldnt be surprised to see a thrown rock go clean through one! Hahaha
One thing to reme,ber about arrows...Arrows arent effective due to impact, they work by cutting/slicing...no need for major speed when you are throwing razor blades around! Mostly accuracy and penetration.

Also, no need to cast your own 9mm balls, 00buckshot works. I think it is somewhere between .32 or .35

9mm is .357

A lot of guys use the cheap 00 buckshot and get ridiculous tight groups with the Evanix .357/9mm guns.

I almost recently picked up a windycity, and the 00 buckshot was going to be the ammo i would have used. I decided not to buy it though...

Pumpmeister

In My AS2250XT I  use 3....@ 35' the make a 1.5" ctc Group(Pattern) Sorta Like Buckshot! Gos a Starlin @ 30'!

Haven't shot them 1 @ a time ...yet....lol

Mario
"Aim Small....Miss Small" Benjamin Martin

Trophyhunter49

;D ;D I like that usung them like buckshot! Goin to have to tey that :)

Pumpmeister

It May Work on Small Anmals@ close range...maybe Red Squirrels or Chipmunk & Birds Like sparrows to dovesat 45 ft. You could try Grey Squirrel or crow...see  what happens! :-*

jSan22

There is .22 cal shot as well, but no lead from what I can find.

Pumpmeister

Gamo Has the Only Round Ball Ammo I know in .22 That's Lead

brz-ryder †

my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Trophyhunter49

Got some round ball ammo in the other day and it's OK but the accuracy is not all that great! I got it in .177 and .22. It make for a lot of fun if you load two or three at a time at 15 yards it has a 1.5 in. pattern.  Fun to play with but I don't think I'll be ordering any more of it!  Thanks for y'alls input :)