Assembly help

Started by kraaash, November 14, 2013, 06:53:36 AM

woody67

From the picture it looks like the mellon bolt has a thicker oring...that could be the reason. Maybe switch them and see if you have the same issue?

BDS

Be sure you have a super smooth interior surface in that tube, a little wet/dry 600 (wet) on a dowel followed by some Rem Oil will work, put Pellgunoil or silicone oil on the exterior o-ring. The threads on the Mellon valves are not indexed so, as Woody noted, it just needs un-tightening and a slight rotation to line up.
Brian

kraaash

Quote from: woody67 on November 21, 2013, 03:21:55 AM
Every valve i have ggotten from mellon has been off like that.
He told me to twist it back/unscrew it just a bit and it should line up and work perfectly..if it doesnt im sure he will send you one that works.

Can you tighten down the front screw in the breech(where the pellet gets loaded)? That should tighten down the breech. Sometimes i clamp it before tigtening. Could be that the mis alligned valve is causing the transfer port to not seat correctly, resulting in keeping the breech from tightening down correctly.

Could one file down the transfer port a tad to get the breech to tighten up?

woody67

Maybe...i throw those things away and use poly tubing..

ped

filing it down would work but like woody i prefer poly tube or ptfe did you fit the tp to the barrel before you tightened the barrel grubscrews up as sometimes they look aligned but are a little fraction of which stops the tp seating properly
i fit the barrel to the breech put a tp in the hole then gently twist the barrel a fraction to find the best fit then tighten the grub screws
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com