Why So Many

Started by Crosshairs, November 15, 2013, 02:53:13 AM

Crosshairs

Another thing with a bad back I can't take the PBs recoil for long so shooting AGs is not only fun and cheaper then PBs it keeps me sharp.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Crosshairs on November 18, 2013, 12:51:30 PM
Another thing with a bad back I can't take the PBs recoil for long so shooting AGs is not only fun and cheaper then PBs it keeps me sharp.
Mike
Me too , Mike :-*

onebaddj

and the basic prinicples are the same. sight alignment, sight picture, slow steady squeeze!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

BillK

Just read something about this.  Something to the effect that just like you cant golf with one club you need an air gun for each purpose.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

KevinP

Most people will ask us guys why do you need so many guns, what's your answer.

There is no answer ... it is just what is is ... something that you can't fight ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

karatekid1975

I have six, but want MORE!!!! I have three in mind. Two more Crosmans and a Dragon Claw. I want a Marauder .22 rifle, 357 pistol, and the Dragon Claw rifle. On the expensive side for two of them, but since I don't party or drink anymore, I can save up and buy them  :-* This site and my husband is fueling my addiction ..... Hi, I'm Laurie and I'm an AG addict. Do they have meetings for this ?  :D ;D

As for the question, "Because I can"  :P ;D
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

quickster47 †

Those that ask the question usually don't understand any answer you provide because they have a closed mind.  What it really takes is getting them to shoot an airgun for a while and then they get hooked and before they know it, they are one of us.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

I also like to have the different versions of the same gun such as a crosman 38T 38C in both calibers and lengths.
                                    Mike

mudduck48

And the thrill of taking the older guns and making them work again. I have repaired 3 so far this mouth. :-\ :-\ 2 Crosman 1300 and the Daisy 722 I bought from Rich. :-\ :-\ :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Crosshairs

That is so true Mr Duck i love getting them broken shooters going again good point bro. I'm repairing maybe my 12th 38C to resell i paid 25 bucks for it and got the seal kit for 19 bucks. Already have a buyer for 120.00.
                                 Mike

Hung2

Hi Madduck, how does the Crosman 1300 compare to the 1377 in terms of power and pumping effort? I am always thrilled with older guns. The 1300 grip has a much better appeal than the current's.

mudduck48

You have apples and oranges here. The 1300 is .22cal and the 1377 is .177 cal. Now if you were say, getting 450 fps out of your 1377 and you put a 22 barrel on it, it probably would drop down to about 350 fps. This is just an illustration, OK, not fact but that is what usually happens. My 1300 #1, with the trigger shoe, will bury a Hobby pellet in my pine cupboard door at about 18ft. It works. The pumping effort is good and strong. I have to wrap my fingers over the barrel in order to close the forearm. I can't find any info. anywhere, but I think you do not want to pump the 1300 over 8 times. Kind of like the 1322, but only has a 7 1/2" barrel. I like it. :-\ :-\ 

BDS

Here's the link to the original owners manual for the 1300   http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/crosman/1300/C1300-OM.pdf

It doesn't seem to have info on  "max" pumps but... it states that "6 pumps" are all that is needed for 25 ft. target shooting.

My guess is 8 pumps is max.
Brian

mudduck48

Thanks BDS, I saw that too. I also saw Brutuz only pump his up 8 times. So, when I shoot them, I only got to 6 pump. If I needed more power, I would get out my 2200 magnum. ;) ;)

Hung2

Hi Mud,
Would you mind giving a simple internal comparison of the 1300 valve with the 1377's. I am just wondering does the 1300's potency come primarily from the flap-top piston or from the internal? Thanks,