2240 to .177 conversion. Not sure that I thought it all the way thru.

Started by Flex, December 16, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

Flex

Quote from: Rualert on January 08, 2014, 04:12:27 PM

Rear Site:

screenshot windows 7

Rear Site Top View:

screen shot

Casey
OOOH! I'm really likin' those fiber optic additions to the sight blade. Definitely going to give that mod a try!!!
RE: reducing the valve volume with the bras sleeve, I'm not seeing how there would be much of a reduction in volume using the cut off piece of .45 cal case ??? I think that putting something with a little more wall thickness might have more effect. Be sure to post your shot count data once collected. Thanks for the pictorial. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Tater

Those sights look great Casey!   :-*
I'll have to do that to mine one of these days, where did you get the fiber optic pieces?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Rualert

OK for Flex, I totally agree with you on the thickness of the brass sleeve, but that was all I had around at the time I put it together. And Tater, believe it or not it's just trimmer line!  8) Had some left over green and red, the green was the smaller stuff, so just drilled the two holes in the site blade, applied a little heat to the trimmer line via a good old bic lighter, and pressed into place. Front just cut a piece of slightly larger red to match the width of the sight better, and epoxied it on. By the way since I received a nice new drill press for the holidays drilling those types of holes in a sight blade will be much easier now.

Casey

Trophyhunter49

Tater

Wow, I would have never guessed trimmer line. Pretty darn creative use for it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs