Who's hoarding all the parts ;)

Started by droid, January 01, 2014, 08:17:51 PM

mudduck48

Three cheers for Davio, HIP,HIP,HOORAY, HIP,HIP, HOORAY, HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!! ;D ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

foxwalker

Quote from: quickster47 on January 02, 2014, 11:10:29 PM
No truer words have been written on this subject so far and I agree 100%.

Carl
[/quote.    What's your website ?

Davio

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 03, 2014, 06:21:38 AM
Three cheers for Davio, HIP,HIP,HOORAY, HIP,HIP, HOORAY, HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!! ;D ;D ;D
You are a nut!  But the best kind.  This thread is not about me, so sorry to hijack.  Parts are near and dear to me.

I wish there were more makers and that we all had more variety to choose from.  I remember when I first went to the GMAC site and how impressed I was with their variety of items for us (maybe a little heavy on the brass and light on the stainless, but variety nonetheless).  And I remember how disappointed I was in the exchange rate and the postage being so costly.  I thought then that the US needs that. 

I am still amazed at what all we do with these two wonderful platforms (13xx and 22xx families).

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a "farmer's market" site for all the makers and builders to sell on? Probably not possible because of the egos, greed and whatever that might happen in such a place.  It would be COOL to go to a site, enter PA's (or whatever) and see (for example) Art's, AC's, Alchemy's, Don Cothran's and many others for sale in one place. Breeches by Cothran, BNM, BNA, Stace Grant (yeah, right), and others. Handles by chongman, Cothran, Alchemy, etc. etc.

Yes, I am a seller, but I love and encourage good products by other folks and want to see more.  I buy them myself and put them on my guns (or in one of the treasure chests).  I get excited when I find a good product for my own guns and I tell other people. It is better to work against the negative by simply spreading the positive.  The market has a way of taking care of the riff raff.

We lost Mom late yesterday, so maybe all this rubbish I am saying is just my therapy for the day... talking about one thing that I love as another leaves this Earth.  Please excuse my long-windedness and/or meandering. 

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

brz-ryder †

So sorry to hear about your MOM lousy time of year for that to happen i`ll say a prayer for you and yours

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

redpcx

I work in an industry that might be considered a bit (crooked?) dishonest. Profitable if you know what you are doing, sometimes even more profitable if you  are incompetant, and can be very profitable if you do extra repairs that are not really needed.  Our service rates are among the highest, but our hours to do most jobs will always be the lowest.

It is very refreshing to hear Davio describe how his business runs.  Even Large businesses have parts delays all the time.  Even parts for equipment that is mission critical.  Usually, airgun parts are for recreational use.  And Custom parts are for mods, not repairs.  HOWEVER, when I get an idea, or see a picture of a gun, I want to do it NOW!  Or at least tonight, when I get off work.  So, Davio, I apologize in advance for being impatient, and thank you for being tolerant.

I am new to the concept of modification, but I do need a couple things.   I haven't run across your website yet.  Could you give it a quick plug?

droid

Quote from: brz-ryder on January 03, 2014, 10:00:51 AM
So sorry to hear about your MOM lousy time of year for that to happen i`ll say a prayer for you and yours

Jim

Same here David, so sorry for your loss.

You go ahead and get stuff off your mind mate, plenty of brothers here to lend an ear  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BillK

Dave, sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you & your family are doing as well as you can during this emotionally challenging time.  God bless. 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Gippeto

Meander on should you feel the need Dave...listening is something distance does not prevent us from doing, and is something we will gladly do.

My sincerest condolences for your loss. :(

Regards,

Al Wenig

breakfastchef

So sorry for your loss, David. I think Alchemy therapy will help you through this difficult period.
Larry

ped

condolences for your loss david
you can get on the soap box any time was a real pleasure doing buisness with you previously and look forward to in the future
in the uk we don't have many custom parts makers for crosmans gmac really who like yourself are a top company to deal with
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Davio

Thank you all for the kind words of sympathy. Bless all of your parents as well (living or not).  They make the world a better place when they are with us... and I am finding a different place when they are gone. 

Several of us are in the "if only I had said" mode, etc. 

But, a great lady no longer suffers and is in a better place.  :)   

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

mudduck48

Quote from: Davio on January 05, 2014, 03:43:10 AM
Thank you all for the kind words of sympathy. Bless all of your parents parents as well (living or not).  They make the world a better place when they are with us... and I am finding a different place when they are gone. 

David, that is really profound. Thank you for those words of wisdom. Mom is gone, give your dad a hug for me please. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

droid

Quote from: Davio on January 05, 2014, 03:43:10 AM
Thank you all for the kind words of sympathy. Bless all of your parents as well (living or not).  They make the world a better place when they are with us... and I am finding a different place when they are gone. 

David, I lost my Mum 13 years ago, Mum was only 58 years young. I am not a man of faith but choose to celebrate and remember the time window that she graced, rather than the one she no longer has.

I also like to think that I am part of the legacy that she has left this world. If I could be half the person that she was I would be happy.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Davio

Quote from: droid on January 05, 2014, 11:06:39 AM
David, I lost my Mum 13 years ago, Mum was only 58 years young. I am not a man of faith but choose to celebrate and remember the time window that she graced, rather than the one she no longer has.

I also like to think that I am part of the legacy that she has left this world. If I could be half the person that she was I would be happy.

Ah!  I will bet that the 13 years seems like yesterday at times.  Your wanting to be half the person she was has certainly made you exactly that or more... which forges her legacy through you and yours. 

Along the lines of celebrating that "time window" (I like that.  Well put.) last evening we (wife, daughter, brothers and father) were compiling the appropriate photographs for a life slide show as they do now.  Now that dredged up some good memories of our times.  One particular picture of Mom at 27 looks SO MUCH like daughter Ames as she is now at 25, although I never noticed the resemblance before as they were 48 years apart in age.   

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177