1st order from Crosman for 1377. What do I "need"?

Started by WhiteHot, January 02, 2014, 10:50:11 PM

Flex

I saw that it was suggested but I don't see the steel breech kit on your list! Part #2240SBPK (for a .22 cal upgrade). I got mine back in May (2013) for ~$35. I've seen comments to the contrary but my steel breech kit was considered part of the total order (even tho it ships from a different location) and there was no additional shipping charge. I would get a couple of the 4-48 breech screws (even if MudDuck is kind enough to send you one of his). They're small enough to easily lose so if you lose the one he sends you, you'll be S.O.L. You won't find them at the local hardware store either.
I would consider deleting a couple of items from your list. The Crosman front and rear frame screws have a square drive and are a pain to get out without scratching the grip frame. I (like many others) have replaced mine with 8-32 button head machine screws. They look nicer and are easier to remove without scratching the grip frame. The safety detent ball is merely a 3/32" (0.093") ball bearing. You can get 3 of 4 of them at your local hardware store for the $1.15 that Crosman charges. With that in mind, I do appreciate the fixed shipping charge on Crosman orders and the reasonable prices on most of the air gun specific parts, so I don't always try to get the standard parts (screws, pins etc) from a local source. I do have a bit of a hard time paying 3x the cost for that safety detent ball tho. I'm sure that will generate a comment or 2 :( but that's the way I look at it. Flex

Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol