Crosman Deluxe Two Stage Adjustable Trigger System Kit

Started by Noah, January 21, 2014, 03:02:41 AM

Davio

Quote from: droid on January 22, 2014, 12:42:09 AM
Alliance are one of the few suppliers we have access to over here in the UK.

That's interesting.  :o

If that is true, then since every single one of my listings of the exact same thing is significantly less expensive, I just may change that very quickly.  Were your prior purchases through eBay or website (may I ask)?
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

redpcx

Quote from: Davio on January 21, 2014, 09:23:53 AM
I came across this.  http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Pellet-Pistol-Modified-Breech/dp/B00BZ9KW7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390292985&sr=8-1&keywords=crosman+1740

First thought: Has Crosman LOST THEIR MINDS?!? How many people will think that Crosman brought the 1740 back? Even though it says modified... it also says sold by Crosman... until you select the breech and then you know...  >:(

I clicked on this link, and another similar offer popped up under it.  A 2300T for $132.43.  Not exactly a 1740, but possibly as close as you can get to the successor.
!0" Barrel, steel breech, and a LPA Mim rear sight.  I think a MUCH better deal than the modified gun.  Possibly free shipping. Sold by Amazon.
$132.43= 80.33GBP=97.62 Euros

droid

Quote from: Davio on January 22, 2014, 01:09:34 AM
That's interesting.  :o

If that is true, then since every single one of my listings of the exact same thing is significantly less expensive, I just may change that very quickly.  Were your prior purchases through eBay or website (may I ask)?

Point I am making David is we in the UK welcome all sellers that make the parts available to us. We can then make an informed choice which one to buy from and whether is is cost effective or not.

I have dealt with yourself and have always made a point to recommend your services, as I have with Alliance and have never been anything other than impressed with both. As have all my fellow Crosman builders I have spoken to over here.

For screws, BBs, springs etc.. and other general UK specific and standard parts we have GMAC of course but other things like the 2300, 2400 and 2289 main tubes we can only get from the USA, same with the custom coated items.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Point to look at David, maybe international settings maybe not but Alliance have 600+ items available to the UK, you currently have none visible to the UK  :o
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

ettolo

I can quote Droid words for Italian Crosman user, also if i know we are a minority.

Davio

Quote from: droid on January 22, 2014, 08:43:02 AM
Point to look at David, maybe international settings maybe not but Alliance have 600+ items available to the UK, you currently have none visible to the UK  :o

TMI time to explain the state of things: eBay started an international program that I opted into.  All I had to do was ship to an eBay Int'l shipping center in Kentucky with my usual postage and they handled the rest (shipping out of the US, customs forms, seller protection, usual fees, etc.).  Sounds FANTASTIC, right??? Unknowingly (at first) it went well.  But then a few items hit customs snags... eBay took the hit, but then came back trying to de-list a bunch of my stuff.  Then I found out that they were putting crazy massive shipping on top of my price with shipping and it was making potential foreign friends puke. Some thought that I was gouging on shipping. Luckily, several contacted me and asked why so high.  I said WHAT?  NO WAY!  I could not believe.  I opted out completely and got my listings back in and had a spirited conversation with eBay that I am not proud of... but it sure was fun for a minute.  It was as close to tap dancing on somebody's head as you can manage on the telephone.   ;)

Since then I have been selling some to UK, Greece, France, Australia, Canada, etc. whenever anyone finds me and contacts me.  In every case I drop completely the domestic shipping charges and then charge only actual cost for international.  eBay / Paypal makes it hard to get the 1st class international postage without selling through them since they push Priority and Express.  But I got a handle on that now.  I just shipped a package to Australia for less than $20.

I have around 400 listings (mine are not sliced and diced and reconfigured and re-hashed). I have gone from 60 to 400 in 2013.  I could have 800 listings with the same stuff if I thought that served any purpose.  No, I add products as I see fit to add... and would rather have half the listings and twice the sales volume (exactly what is happening) of others and their tactics.  I also just started over at Amazon recently with just 20 items (all are the best price and even beat some Prime listings, too). 

I do not have time to play against anyone.   You do your best and don't ever pace yourself against anybody else. If you hear whining when you pass them, you just pull ahead and don't look back.  At the end of the day it is just me, daughter Ames, and the customer.  Nothing else matters, really.  Well... except for firing up the CNC router and the plating bench.   :) 

And this is not my day job... either one of them.  This is just something I enjoy... and gives my daughter a job.

Quick change of subject:  I notice that GMAC is heavy on brass and light on stainless.  Is that a UK buyer preference?   

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

droid

Quote from: Davio on January 22, 2014, 02:02:49 PM
TMI time to explain the state of things: eBay started an international program that I opted into.  All I had to do was ship to an eBay Int'l shipping center in Kentucky with my usual postage and they handled the rest (shipping out of the US, customs forms, seller protection, usual fees, etc.).  Sounds FANTASTIC, right??? Unknowingly (at first) it went well.  But then a few items hit customs snags... eBay took the hit, but then came back trying to de-list a bunch of my stuff.  Then I found out that they were putting crazy massive shipping on top of my price with shipping and it was making potential foreign friends puke. Some thought that I was gouging on shipping. Luckily, several contacted me and asked why so high.  I said WHAT?  NO WAY!  I could not believe.  I opted out completely and got my listings back in and had a spirited conversation with eBay that I am not proud of... but it sure was fun for a minute.  It was as close to tap dancing on somebody's head as you can manage on the telephone.   ;)

Since then I have been selling some to UK, Greece, France, Australia, Canada, etc. whenever anyone finds me and contacts me.  In every case I drop completely the domestic shipping charges and then charge only actual cost for international.  eBay / Paypal makes it hard to get the 1st class international postage without selling through them since they push Priority and Express.  But I got a handle on that now.  I just shipped a package to Australia for less than $20.

I have around 400 listings (mine are not sliced and diced and reconfigured and re-hashed). I have gone from 60 to 400 in 2013.  I could have 800 listings with the same stuff if I thought that served any purpose.  No, I add products as I see fit to add... and would rather have half the listings and twice the sales volume (exactly what is happening) of others and their tactics.  I also just started over at Amazon recently with just 20 items (all are the best price and even beat some Prime listings, too). 

I do not have time to play against anyone.   You do your best and don't ever pace yourself against anybody else. If you hear whining when you pass them, you just pull ahead and don't look back.  At the end of the day it is just me, daughter Ames, and the customer.  Nothing else matters, really.  Well... except for firing up the CNC router and the plating bench.   :) 

And this is not my day job... either one of them.  This is just something I enjoy... and gives my daughter a job.

Quick change of subject:  I notice that GMAC is heavy on brass and light on stainless.  Is that a UK buyer preference?

I was just saying we can't see your listings David, unless we go to the .com site of course.

Re GMAC no brass is not a preference that is just the available items to us. We do get some SS items from SD Custom who resells some DC parts like Barrel bands, Bolts, CO2 and rear Caps and PAs.

The hardcore amongst us buy from overseas.
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BDS

Seems like simple risk management for the U.S. sellers. You advertise a reasonable price in $ U.S. for the product (only), and the offshore buyer can review the additional costs based on intl. freight and insurance and currency exchange etc? I realize that a $20 part that costs $20 to ship is not exactly cost effective for the buyer but... what's the alternative? Also, given the "left" leaning policies of the EU and UK towards anything gun related, what's the shippers risk in the transaction if the shipment is delayed or not forwarded at all?

Heck, even domestic shippers (PA and other sellers) can't or won't ship to our own NY, IL, MI, MN and a host of other states over here, and that even includes pellets in some places!

I did some quick math on the postings at American Airguns Classified site, and about 80% of the regular (informed) private sellers have a "no international sales, no NY, IL, MI... sales" type comment in their listings. I think to do otherwise is just too time consuming, cost prohibitive and fraught with legal land-mines for the average guy/seller.
Brian

Davio

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2014, 02:59:14 PM
Seems like simple risk management for the U.S. sellers. You advertise a reasonable price in $ U.S. for the product (only), and the offshore buyer can review the additional costs based on intl. freight and insurance and currency exchange etc? I realize that a $20 part that costs $20 to ship is not exactly cost effective for the buyer but... what's the alternative? Also, given the "left" leaning policies of the EU and UK towards anything gun related, what's the shippers risk in the transaction if the shipment is delayed or not forwarded at all?

Heck, even domestic shippers (PA and other sellers) can't or won't ship to our own NY, IL, MI, MN and a host of other states over here, and that even includes pellets in some places!

I did some quick math on the postings at American Airguns Classified site, and about 80% of the regular (informed) private sellers have a "no international sales, no NY, IL, MI... sales" type comment in their listings. I think to do otherwise is just too time consuming, cost prohibitive and fraught with legal land-mines for the average guy/seller.

Good points, but keep in mind that ALL of those sell air GUNS.  Parts is quite a different story.  I also steer clear of the NO NO stated for complete custom gun sales.  Not very many and not that bad to keep track of.

I would think that the wise int'l buyer would fill the box to dilute the postage costs.  The Aussie box I am filling today will contain a total of 17 items.  For less than $20 shipping!  Even a Crosman purchase can be ridiculous for a few small items at $4 flat shipping.

Everybody just needs to use the old noodle.

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

droid

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

Dead right Brian, still not a barrier though to persistant people like me  ;)
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BDS

Gary..  :D ;D ;D

Spoken like a true Crosmaniac and man of determination :-*
Brian

Bazmati2020

Just to jump in I hope it's ok.
I've used alliance several times and been pleased, I guess fact is stuff is so expensive here that what you guys think expensive to you is still cheap to us. 

I quite like brass on on some, but would like some items such as pump arms with doofer thread or sights etc in steel and not available here so if you can supply I'd be interested.

droid

Just to highlight the price differences, currently on eBay UK we have a UK seller selling Boss valves for £70 or $115, they are selling too !
www.ratbuster.co.uk

ped

seen them gary isn't it the same guy doing 24" barrels for £60 which are a bit dear imho but if people are daft enough ,nobody's forcing them to buy
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

droid

Quote from: ped on January 23, 2014, 09:06:50 AM
seen them gary isn't it the same guy doing 24" barrels for £60 which are a bit dear imho but if people are daft enough ,nobody's forcing them to buy
ped

Yes mate, I know the guy and he buys the valves in job lot from Jim at CB. Like you say we all have the choice whether to buy or not to buy.
www.ratbuster.co.uk