Crosman Deluxe Two Stage Adjustable Trigger System Kit

Started by Noah, January 21, 2014, 03:02:41 AM

ped

the vcr act is responsible for the inflated prices as you can't just get them sent from gmac without involving an rfd alot of people read about items that will boost the power of there gun ie boss valve or longer barrel find they can't easily get them and then see them on the bay at a high price and just have to have them
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

droid

Also scary how many people put them in 2240s too, if only they understood the consequences  :o

Strange thing on the VCR though is you can buy the complete valve as parts but not assembled ! What a crock !
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

ped

just tried to buy a disco tube of asi along with the gauge block filler and some valve stems only to be told that as they were pressure bearing they couldn't sell direct to me even though they aren't covered by the vcr act
they're enroute now but had to get a local gunshop to place the order
does make me wonder how much involvment the airgun industry in the uk had with the vcr act and our power limits
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Davio

That is crazy.  There are folks in UK prison for getting caught (for example) with a US regular transfer port and a BOSS valve?  Wow.  :(

I suppose that is like folks in US prison for making a powder burner shusher. 

Yet you guys get all the quiet you want without any hassle (albeit on legal under-powered air guns, I suppose). 
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

BDS

Gary may know better than I but, even with the FAC license, an FEO (cop) has to survey your shooting venue and pass it as "safe" to shoot , it's called a permission :D

Later on, if you have been a good boy and have several permissions granted to you, they may let you pass the venue as safe. Prob is, if it tuns out to be unsafe you are on the hook with the law for passing it as such. What! ??? >:(
Brian

Gippeto

Not really 100% related, but something I'm curious about and some (Davio) may be in a position to answer...

I've shipped numerous packages internationally from Canada and have no issues with doing so.

The customs declaration I have to fill out takes a minute or less...and yet is often posted as being the reason some folks won't ship outside the US.

Just "what" is involved with the US customs declaration that makes it not worthwhile to pursue a sale when someone approaches cash in hand?? ???

TIA

Al

donn

Shipping overseas is easy as pie with USPS.  I ship flashlights all over the world, and seldom go to the Post Office to do it.  The only time I can't do it on my PC, from home, is when the insurance is extremely high (thousands).

I expect gun-type stuff is a bit different, but probably completely doable.

droid

Quote from: Gippeto on January 24, 2014, 03:00:26 AM
Not really 100% related, but something I'm curious about and some (Davio) may be in a position to answer...

I've shipped numerous packages internationally from Canada and have no issues with doing so.

The customs declaration I have to fill out takes a minute or less...and yet is often posted as being the reason some folks won't ship outside the US.

Just "what" is involved with the US customs declaration that makes it not worthwhile to pursue a sale when someone approaches cash in hand?? ???

TIA

Al

Al, there are a lot of scare scories about and some people are just unsure, uncomfortable or have had a bad experience posting abroad, we get a lot of the same in the UK.  Generally there is a workaround somewhere with the correct communication.

I get quoted as customs or lost parcels as one reason for not shipping. For me I have lost count of the overseas transactions I have made and to date I have had just one lost item.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Quote from: BDS on January 24, 2014, 01:29:05 AM
Gary may know better than I but, even with the FAC license, an FEO (cop) has to survey your shooting venue and pass it as "safe" to shoot , it's called a permission :D

Later on, if you have been a good boy and have several permissions granted to you, they may let you pass the venue as safe. Prob is, if it tuns out to be unsafe you are on the hook with the law for passing it as such. What! ??? >:(

Thats how I understand it Brian, also the annual checks on your equipment and storage facilities.
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Davio

So what are the no-no items for UK?  Somewhat inversely... what are the high demand items that it is okay for UK to purchase from US?

I get that the nuts and bolts are not hard to come by. Right?

What's this I hear about the Backpacker tube "turns" a UK 13xx into a carbine/rifle and that is allowed more fpe/fps ?  Also the 2250B, 2250XE or 2400 tube doing the same thing for the 22xx guns?  Any truth there?

I gotta wrap my head around this, you know?

All the problematic stuff about int'l shipping is using eBay to do it.  I know full well how to print postage and make listings eligible for anywhere.  And the customs forms are 30 seconds on a 2nd screen.  No biggie there, either.

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

droid

David,

Complete pistols are the risky ship items really as your spec 2240 / 2300 are normally close to or over our UK limits. If they are tested under power then there will not be an issue as the worst Customs can do is send them off for testing. If the guns are disabled though then they can be siezed by Customs as Realistic Immitation Firearms so guns are best shipped to UK spec.

We can't get 2300 tubes at the moment for us guys who like no stamping on the tubes.

Also as you say the 2289 tube allows us to legally make the 13xx series into carbines. Again not available over here.

Mainstream spares we can get easily, even the P-Rod trigger group. So BBs, Springs, Grip Screws, Rebolt kits you would struggle to compete.

Boss valves we can get shipped direct from Crooked Barn but I think people would like UK supplied ones.

Barrels are the wierd ones, these are ok to buy from abroad but not in the UK diue to the VCR !! So that is another item not easily / readily available to the masses.

Breeches are quite expensive over here too, typical steel breech with probe costs around £50 shipped so $85.00, perhaps a margin there ?
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Another area David is the Custom Shop guns, we can't get them easily over here without help. Would be easy to make UK spec too. A regular middleman would be good at a fixed rate. Yes I know we have Airgunexporter but another option would be nice.

In fact a general reshipper / middleman for a lot of parts in the States would perhaps be an earner. Especially when the original seller will not ship overseas.

For instance I just bought two sets of grips from Archers. Shipping cost me $45.60, it was the same for 1 pair so that's why I bought 2. (I am not knocking Archers as the service was excellent, just using them as an example) so all in it cost me $145.48 for the two sets.

www.ratbuster.co.uk

Davio

From a UK import standpoint, at what point does a gun become not a gun (parts/spares)? Top half / lower half make the cut?

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

droid

Quote from: Davio on January 24, 2014, 11:06:32 AM
From a UK import standpoint, at what point does a gun become not a gun (parts/spares)? Top half / lower half make the cut?

If the grip assembly is shipped separate to the top half it will be classed as spares, though I would still split the breech from the tube. I normally get them shipped as "crosman spares"

BNM ship split down like this in one box but if they are pulled they will reassemble them so that's a bit risky.

You will still be safe on the 2240/2300 if using a UK spec TP (2.8mm)

The 2250s and 2400s are under spec anyway.

Saying that I have had loads of complete guns shipped over including Mac1 LDs which were initially seized but then released, DAQ 2560, BNM 2240 and many more. I have only ever had one issue that was with a DAQ 2540 that should have been split down but wasn't, that one got seized and destroyed ($600 sob!)

I even got an M-Rod .25 top end delivered albeit I did that by accident  ;) (I though it was a .22)

So bearing in mind that the cheapest standard 2240 in the UK is $133 and you can't have them delivered within the UK due to the VCR you would think there would be a margin with the CS ones.

Strangely though we can't get the barrels, valves, doofers and guns delivered from a dealer but we can ship them ok on a private sale. We can also send an old barrel etc.. to the UK dealer and have a new exchange shipped within the UK because this is classed as a repair.

Can you see why I am so fascinated with the scene  :)

www.ratbuster.co.uk

redpcx

Does anybody know the Crosman part number for a  EuroSpec transfer port?
I am fairly sure I could make a transfer port with my Unimat, but a manufacturer supplied  part to make an item LEGAL might be more comforting to a potential purchaser.
Oops , Walmart prices have been going up.  2240 is now $60.  (36GBP)
Replace transfer port, Disassemble and mail?   Postage might be costly.
Might be more cost effective to handle Custom Shop.
A 2400 KT PLAIN, no trigger shoe, plastic front sight, NO rear sight is only $86-$88, (52-53 GBP)
For the small extra amount, someone could provide a good value to UK shooters.