which pistol 1377 or 2240

Started by kev02, January 28, 2014, 06:51:38 PM

MavStone

Well Quickster47 as you can see from mudduck48's photos, there's a chance you may come down with a case of Crosmanitis.
However, don't worry there's good new if you happen to contract this patho. It is known in the community that a healthy dose of pneumatics along with a few 100 grains of lead daily, will definitely help contain this "itis".

As far as which one id better... I'm not sure! I have a few of each, myself.

I love my co2 guns for the simple fact that it is quicker to get off a second or third shot at that pesty vermin before he ducks back into his hideout.

Good luck and have fun with whatever decision you make.
---- Keepin' it simple ----
Accuracy - Power - Styling

crossliner

Quote from: MavStone on January 29, 2014, 04:17:28 PM
Well Quickster47 as you can see from mudduck48's photos, there's a chance you may come down with a case of Crosmanitis.
However, don't worry there's good new if you happen to contract this patho. It is known in the community that a healthy dose of pneumatics along with a few 100 grains of lead daily, will definitely help contain this "itis".

As far as which one id better... I'm not sure! I have a few of each, myself.

I love my co2 guns for the simple fact that it is quicker to get off a second or third shot at that pesty vermin before he ducks back into his hideout.

Good luck and have fun with whatever decision you make.

You must be pertaining to the TS..Mr. Quick has too many hi end guns to mention but then again you are a newbie sir  ;)

DBOdude

i don't have a 2240 , but i want to get one down the road after i do everything i want to do to my 13xx based DBO bugbuster . i got the DBO because according to folks with both the 13xx is much quieter than the 2240 , no Co2 to buy or worry about running out/low , not having to worry about temperature , variable power and more power potential than the 2240 with more fps/fpe consistency . one super sweet thing about the two air pistols is that ALMOST all the external parts on one will fit the other  :-* .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

AS13

;D I'm a CO2 guy. So for me the 2240 was the way to go. They both have great mod capabilities (which will most likely happen). I think the 2240 IMHO, serves a dual purpose...It's great outside for pesky vermin and makes a great indoor target shooter (with a few tweaks ;)). I live in New England so the cold weather dictates indoor shooting during the winter months. I've had great results with the 2240 at 30 feet using various pellets.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

targettgii

I would say get one of each also. Then that will turn into 2 then 3 and so on and so on etc.If you can't decide you've already got the bug.:D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Noah

Quote from: crossliner on January 29, 2014, 04:53:03 PM
You must be pertaining to the TS..Mr. Quick has too many hi end guns to mention but then again you are a newbie sir  ;)

I was JUST thinking about that: Quickster, exactly how many guns do you have? We would LOVE to see a family pic or two  :P :-* :-\ ;D :D
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Silverhawk

How about a 2289 Bug Out kit and then get a set of grips.  Then you have a pistol AND Rifle conversion in minutes.  If you really want to go .177 it could be converted later.
Crosman 2289 Bug Out
Super Streak (NP) .177
Telly 4.5
Falke Mod. 50
Daisy No. 177 Target Special
Daisy Red Rider

MavStone

Quote from: crossliner on January 29, 2014, 04:53:03 PM

Somehow I was able to screw up on this post and you were right on top of it. Not bad for this newbie's very first post here on this board.

Anyhow, sorry about that... what I meant to say was, kev02. 

I hope all's good!  :-*
---- Keepin' it simple ----
Accuracy - Power - Styling

arkmaker †

Love my 22xx's and Co2  :-*

But, was just thinking about building up another 1322 for the fun of it! Nah, just kidding, gonna buy another 2240 and go crazy with it!

One of my favorites on the bottom left and I did not even build it!

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BerkshireHunter

Takis63

If you really want only one, then my choice would be the 1377. It is accurate and  super reliable, does not not depend on C02, you can control your power output and basically you are independent. Just grab a can of pellets and go have fun. And that's why i chose it  :-*
Crosman 1377
Crosman 1077
Hammerli AR-20
Walther LP-300XT
Stoeger X10

Ryan

I have a 2240 and a 2250 with both souped-up with all the niceties. I seldom shot them because they constantly need replacing cartridges. The thing that bothers me the most is the decreasing power after about 20 shots. You want to throw away the cartridge after 20 good shots but you don't want to waste the remaining shots either.

A 1377 is fully controllable as far as the power is concerned and you can expect consistency as well. That's the part I like the 1377.

I thought I had read somewhere that the valve for the MkII from the factory gives you consistent shots up to the last drop. Is that true?

Ryan

Question to the Artmaker - I note that the 2240 shorty that you have over there has a round butt in the grip. Did you chop off the rear corner? Is that one of the after-market Packmeyer slip on? How did you do that? I kind of like it. Would you mind posting a close up pic of that pistol? Thanks,

kev02

Hi guys im going to go for the 2240 pistol as its amazing how much you can do to them, cant wait to buy the pistol tomorrow than order mod parts from Gmac.  :-*
atb kev02  :)

quickster47 †

Quote from: Ryan on January 30, 2014, 05:21:33 PM
Question to the Artmaker - I note that the 2240 shorty that you have over there has a round butt in the grip. Did you chop off the rear corner? Is that one of the after-market Packmeyer slip on? How did you do that? I kind of like it. Would you mind posting a close up pic of that pistol? Thanks,

If you are interested in a shorty take a look at this one.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †