1377 Tactical Carbine

Started by pump-n-dump, February 04, 2014, 02:14:39 AM

pump-n-dump

Here are some pics of the bipod installed. It has a quick release clamp that fits over the barrel spacer. While the pump arm clears though both legs when they're extended, it's easier to pump when the pump arm side leg is folded - but that's easy enough to do so it's not much of an inconvenience. Being mounted close to the front barrel band and with the length of the barrel spacer, there is no noticeable flex in the barrel based on my test shots. I'm very pleased with the stability and ease of install / removal this now has.  :-* The only change I would have made would've been to have the spacer be a little longer. It's currently 2" but 3" would have given some more options.

In my experience, placing anything on the barrel changes the POI, making small targets hard to hit.  :)
Stranded in California.

pump-n-dump

Quote from: 7624452 on February 19, 2014, 06:45:50 PM
In my experience, placing anything on the barrel changes the POI, making small targets hard to hit.  :)
I'm not good enough a shot to hit targets that small - well not intentionally that is!  ???
I do agree that any pressure on the barrel can affect accuracy but I've tried to minimize that with mounting the bipod as close to the barrel band as I could.

BigErn

kev02

Hi there great build and nice looking to,
atb kev02 :-*

sshewins

Have you done any before/after comparisons yet? Like shooting 10 shots from a rest (duffle bag) and 10 more shots using the bipod? That way you could see (and of course report back) if there was any major or minor or zero changes in the POI. I do like what you've started, some good ideas.   :-*
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

pump-n-dump

Quote from: sshewins on February 20, 2014, 04:12:55 AM
Have you done any before/after comparisons yet? Like shooting 10 shots from a rest (duffle bag) and 10 more shots using the bipod? That way you could see (and of course report back) if there was any major or minor or zero changes in the POI. I do like what you've started, some good ideas.   :-*
I haven't yet. We're pretty socked in with snow in NH lately so any spare time has been spent dealing with that.  >:(
However, when I can I will certainly do some comparison and post the results here.  :-*

sshewins

Fair enough! Yeah, we got some of that white stuff too. Makes pretty much everything outside a big pain in the butt...
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289