Wood Inserts for Crosman Shoulder Stock

Started by RetatCDude, February 28, 2014, 12:34:42 AM

arkmaker †

Quote from: RetatCDude on February 28, 2014, 07:47:40 PM
Too much static there.
Connecticut?
I'll pass, thanks.

Not firearm ownership friendly. >:(

1st off a really terrible tragedy happen not long ago in CT, and so there are some anti gun people coming out of the woodwork of late. That said, CT is not an unfriendly firearm state as some would have you believe. I used to live there, have kids there, grandchildren and many friends so I know this to be true. There are as many gun owners there per capita as anywhere else (well except maybe NM....those guys are true gun fanatics ;-).  Don't believe everything the news tells you. They are in it for the "wow" factor anymore and love to make money.......bad news sells, how did Don Henley put it?

Anyway, you might want to give our member that makes inserts a try because he does "make them" and not discriminate because he lives in CT. Just saying is all.........also, might tone down the criticism to the people that replied to your call for help. Might just get a few more positive responses in the future.  Just my take, may be wrong, but hey, since we are telling like it is..........
Rich

btw: here is a set of Ralph's
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

T191032

"Anyway, you might want to give our member that makes inserts a try because he does "make them" and not discriminate because he lives in CT."

+1   Have to agree.  Why, afterall, Crosman is still based in (gasp) New York State!  Gonna give up your Crosman's because of their horrible Anti-gun legislation.   ;)  Bottom line : You asked, a suggestion was offered.  Whether you take it is up to you.  :)

"btw: here is a set of Ralph's"

Snazzy, Rich!!   :-*
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

floydlong

OK. I've tried to add pictures and obviously I don't know what I'm doing. I browsed for the attachment and clicked on the pic. I had three attachments (pics) in the boxes and clicked "post", but nothing happened??? I've always used Photobucket on the other forums. HELP!!!!

donn

Click on the "Insert Image" icon, on the left-hand end of the row of icons directly above the smilies.  Paste the proper URL into the dialog box that comes up.

floydlong

I know it didn't happen without pics. Shame on me. Here is my insert made of black cherry.

floydlong

Also my unfinished cheek plate of black cherry

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BillK

I like that Floyd.  How are the pieces held together?  I don't see any screw heads. ???
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

floydlong

I drilled 2 - 1/8" holes into the top and bottom. Then I drilled larger for the screw heads about half way down so that the wood screws are counter sunk. I have about 1/2" of threads into the wood. (X4) I will JB Weld the bottom holes and touch up with the famous Magic Marker and I'll use the top 1/4" holes to insert dowels to hold my cheek plate on.