1322-Who Makes The Best Flat Top Piston and Valve Set Up

Started by WayneM, April 04, 2014, 03:38:16 AM

WayneM

I know this is somewhat subjective, but I am interested in hearing members opinions on who makes the best FT piston and valve setup for the 1322/1377.  I am more interested in performance and quality and less concerned about cost and shipping time.

DBOdude

dang if i know , but i'm perfectly happy with my set from ACCustoms . the brass set offered by Airgunsmith sure looks nice .
http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/cros1322-77.htm

actually , i'd prefer AC's new piston with the brass valve ;)
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Trophyhunter49

??? That's hard to say! I have 4 or 5 from differnt places and they all do a great job!  You mite check out Davios shop! http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/valves--pas.html He has great parts and is one of us here on CAPOF. Here is another good place to get a flat top system. Hope ths helped. As for me , I now make my own flat top valves buy I leave the flat top pistons to someone else like these guys I just told you about. ;)

intense

This should be a good topic something I would like to see opinions on also.

Davio

Thanks for the plug, but I gotta call it like I see it even when I gotta plug somebody else. 

My valves are just swell, but I have been for many months been recommending the AC Customs adjustable piston to my customers. I use them myself in my custom build orders.  I am so dang busy (mixed blessing) that pistons are just one less thing I need to worry about right now.  So I have ordered several from different folks, then compared them so I could make an important judgement on my recommendation. 

I find AC Customs piston to be as good or superior in design to his competitors... his materials are more than adequate... and they are not wanting in any way.  His price is fair.  Not the cheapest, but worth every cent for what he is making.  He ships fast and even throws in some extra o-rings for the do-it-yourselfers in case they don't have the experience to know to de-burr their tube first, etc.   

I'm David Grimes and I approve of this message!  ;)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

bgmcgee

Nice endorsement Davio.  :-*  I also am a fan of accustoms parts. Alejandro makes great parts and is also a member here.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

crossliner

My hats off to Herr Alejandro too aka ACCustoms..Got 6 Crosman barrels from him and shipping was fast and communication was constant  :-*

I am thinking of getting a shroud from him but I have too many "muzzlebrakes" from the UK already.

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trophyhunter49

WayneM

The link to accustomparts.com brings me to a kind of clearing house site that is "for sale"....is this guy still in business.

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Xxoo0o0o0ooxX

I use to get the piston from airgunsmith, but would do my own flat top. That way it gets done right  :-*
Cheers,

arkmaker †

Quote from: DBOdude on April 04, 2014, 04:20:13 AM
dang if i know , but i'm perfectly happy with my set from ACCustoms . the brass set offered by Airgunsmith sure looks nice .
http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/cros1322-77.htm

actually , i'd prefer AC's new piston with the brass valve ;)

He sure does nice work, don't he?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

DBOdude

yes he does  :-*
i recall reading somewhere brass valves in airguns have less chance of corroding from oil/debris pumped in and galvanic corrosion   
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

Xxoo0o0o0ooxX

Quote from: arkmaker on April 05, 2014, 02:55:00 PM

He sure does nice work, don't he?
Yes I was very upset the 1st time I took a 1377 apart to find melted beer cans as my valve  >:(
Cheers,