your dream/fantasy part for our crosman pistols ?

Started by DBOdude, April 05, 2014, 11:44:58 PM

DBOdude

ok , i'll admit up front .... i have a lot of spare time on my hands LOL . i know i could never afford it , but i keep finding myself imagining a one piece breech , pivot plug and barrel band with a full length weaver rail across the top ... made of aluminum , with a left and right hand bolt slot (with a little steel plate in back for a magnetic bolt) and in black . not asking for much huh ? LOL

if you have a dream part share it .
if nobody else has a dream part ..... i'll blame mine on mary jane . HEHEHE 
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

tinker

Good quality and accurate shooting barrels.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Davio

Quote from: DBOdude on April 05, 2014, 11:44:58 PM
ok , i'll admit up front .... i have a lot of spare time on my hands LOL . i know i could never afford it , but i keep finding myself imagining a one piece breech , pivot plug and barrel band with a full length weaver rail across the top ... made of aluminum , with a left and right hand bolt slot (with a little steel plate in back for a magnetic bolt) and in black . not asking for much huh ? LOL

if you have a dream part share it .
if nobody else has a dream part ..... i'll blame mine on mary jane . HEHEHE

Not so fast!  I will be bluing the ten (10) ambi breeches (both left and right side bolt ways) by Wednesday.  These will be steel, blued, ambi, dovetail, CCS breech screw location... and will include extended probe, back breech cap, and two breech-to-barrel grub locations and screws.

So you will be wanting to wait for aluminum and weaver (added to notes).  ;)

BTW the magnetic bolts actually stick to the hammer pin, so no obstructive metal piece is required.

Great thread subject by the way!  :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

DBOdude

well , in my fantasy  :-* it's all one piece across the top from front to rear and it comes with a SS pivot pin with its set screw and 3 or 4 set screws for the barrel and weavered its full length except for the loading area . maybe even make tacticool with a few weaver slots on each side of the barrel band section of the front .

bgmcgee

Definitely a breech with weaver rails. Dang if it isn't hard to find good 30mm rings for the dovetail breech.  I don't care if it is steel or aluminum as far as I'm concerned the weight difference is negligible. I just need more optic mounting options.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

DBOdude

breakfastchef

Larry

redpcx

I'm not sure if I would prefer the breech in aluminum or steel, but
1. Magnet in the bolt sounds Nice.
2. Ambidextrous boltway sounds Nice, so I can choose after I try it both sides.
3. Weaver size rail, sounds Nice, so i can try out gadgets without adapters.  Keep it low, so it looks ALMOST like a factory part.
4. Extended Bolt probe sounds Nice.  I think tests show a real improvement in performance.
5. Two Screws are also Nice.
Nice Nice Nice
Since this thread started as a wish list I have some suggestions...
Variable Length, either a selection of sizes or custom length. Relatively easy since you are using CNC.
Taper and increase the sides of the cut out so my fat fingers can get a pellet in easier.
While I am wishing, make it a repeater breech. 

arkmaker †

A wish I have been working on is a 2240 full length aluminum breech with 1/-20" threads on the end for a LDC of the same diameter as the breech. This breech extends to the tip of the 7.5" barrel and uses the 5-shot Crosman strip clips. Easy-peasy baby!  :)  Right now it is at my friends shop for tweaking and feasibility for a production run. Of course, standard and short length breeches can easily be made using the strip clip loading system. Pics coming sooner or later  ???

This has been one of those on again, off again projects of mine for a couple of years. I have asked a couple of the breech makers to do it, but everyone wants a M-rod mag, so it was a no go from them.  The 5-shot clips are so easy to fill and carry I really don't know why no one has done this before? The only way it was going to get done was by me and now it is almost a reality.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Davio

Quote from: arkmaker on April 06, 2014, 04:23:04 PM
The 5-shot clips are so easy to fill and carry I really don't know why no one has done this before? The only way it was going to get done was by me and now it is almost a reality.

Rich
Uh... mine is not the 5 shot clip.  :o Nor is it the Marauder clip. You better hurry if you want a clean opening day at the box office!   ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

droid

I had two dream pieces I wanted. I should get one of them on Tuesday after two years of trying. (To be revealed soon)

Second one is a full brass trigger frame and I ain't give up on that yet.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

intense

Quote from: bgmcgee on April 06, 2014, 03:48:39 AM
Definitely a breech with weaver rails. Dang if it isn't hard to find good 30mm rings for the dovetail breech.  I don't care if it is steel or aluminum as far as I'm concerned the weight difference is negligible. I just need more optic mounting options.

+1 :)

floydlong

I would like Crosman to make the 22XX pistols/rifles with a sealed tube system like the QB 78/79s. Would love to bulk fill with just a cap.