Bugbuster for a pistol scope?

Started by woody67, April 11, 2014, 02:28:41 PM

woody67

I know it sounds weird, but i recently got another marauder pistol along with a pistol scope.  http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BSA_2_7x32_Edge_Pistol_Scope_Duplex_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube/4404
  The pistol scope has about a 20" eye relief, so you have to basically hold the gun at arms length. Thats not hard to do with the p-rod, but the length of the gun makes that type of hold seem akward. The p-rod really is TOO big to be a pistol.

Anyway, the glass on the pistol scope is about as big as my thumbnail...makes it hard to quickly find what you want to shoot. Yesterday i took the bugbuster off a 2400kt and since the prod was sitting there i stuck it on. I have to hold the gun closer, but i get 2 benefits from it.
1. The gun is more stable when held closer to my body
2. A MUCH bigger picture, easier to see everything and easy to quickly find what i plan to shoot. (Not to mention the bugbuster is a very easy to use scope with more features than a simple pistol scope)

Anyone here shoot their p-rod as a pistol? What do you use for a scope?

I should mention i do like the pistol scope. In fact this is the second one of the same model i have owned. It is a better fit for a shorter or lighter gun in my opinion.

arkmaker †

No p-rod yet, but I do use a BSA Edge 2x scope on my 1740. I have been wondering about this particular 2x7 you have and now that you say it is a good 'un I think I will add it to the short list. I am really liking the Edge for it's lightness and clearer optics than my old NcStar but would also like a little more magnification.

Anyway, stick a stock on that p-rod and you are good to go with that bug buster! Hey, and what's up with the price hike in the 6x32 bug busters? When everyone else is coming down in price with their scopes, the bug buster just keeps getting more expensive. Even used ones are bringing premium dollar  ???
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Davio

I have only one pistol scope that I bought from a forum member.  It works just fine.  But with my other compact but non-pistol scopes that I have used so much on my pistols, I have actually gotten used to shooting with them over my left folded arm with very good results. The UTG Bug Buster is one of those.  I have no plans to own a P-rod, but a pistol is a pistol and a rifle is a rifle and I sill use a Bug Buster on either without hesitation.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177