Transfer port

Started by akula8608, April 18, 2014, 03:20:41 AM

bgmcgee

I have a couple of Davio's transfer ports coming so I'll report back on how they work.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Quote from: bgmcgee on April 18, 2014, 06:02:04 PM
I have a couple of Davio's transfer ports coming so I'll report back on how they work.  :-*

I PM'ed Davio about what information he needs to make a TP for me to replace some poly tube in one of my builds. Seems it would be loads simpler to have one reliable part than trying to cut little bits of tubing accurately.
Larry

bgmcgee

I hear that Larry.  I did the same for a t/p for my 1320 build.  Can't seem to get a  good seal with the custom barrel and now it has a 1/4" riser added into the mix. ??? The 2 I ordered are for stock guns so those shouldn't be a problem.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

akula8608

Today I received the rest of the parts I was waiting on to complete my 2250 build so I was able to slap it all together and test out Davio's transfer port. Passes the tissue test with flying colors. It's like a sore dick. Can't beat it.
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

Davio

I'm glad to hear your port is all sealed up.  I am keeping track and paying attention to these somewhat. It SHOULD be one size fits all on the lengths.

I've had dozens of positive sealing reported, but I admit that two have had problems.  One had an extra screw into the valve pulling it off center of the tube and makes the valve to port distant wanting a tad more sleeve.  Another I am unsure of (cause) at the moment, but I offered up an idea (ONLY if it is not sealing for some reason) to leave the transfer gasket in at the valve, put the ss port into it, then place the sleeve over the tube, re-assemble and re-check the seal. That would add some sleeve length / sealing compression. 

When buttoned up, these should last forever and not mind removal and re-installation for other reasons. 
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

akula8608

I finally got the time to chrony the finished product. Started off with a custom shop 2400kt with .22 18" barrel. Mods include boss valve, pro-top, boss buddy transfer port, cothran bolt, PA, and roller trigger.
10 shot string co2'cart:
This was after installing stock hammer spring. Had disco hammer spring and was getting about 20 fps less and wasting a lot of gas. Got 9 shots out of the cart. With stock spring getting 20 good shots with more piwer. Go figure.
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

ped

bit late on this one but an over size tp only increase power in conjunction with other mods like increasing the valve volume and enlarging the port in the barrel
if the barrel port is std them a tp that has a bore greater than the port  won't give any benefit
davio's port's do look good and are much better than the original ones
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com