Mounting a bipod to a 2400...

Started by woody67, June 06, 2014, 10:05:06 AM

woody67

Ive seen a lot of people ask how to easily mount a bipod to their 2400kt...

There are a couple of ways to do it, but the easiest way is to just buy a short, MACHINE threaded sling swivel stud.

The threading on them is different than the normal swivel stud...the regular ones are designed to self thread into wood, and will not work long when only used with a washer and nut. The machine thread is designed to thread into a washer/nut (comes with it).

Dont buy the long version though...it wont fit under the main tube properly.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/633381/yankee-hill-machine-threaded-sling-swivel-stud-steel

woody67

Much simplier to drill one hole and use the machine threaded swivel stud, thats why i posted it. Not many know the swivel studs come with a machine thread.

BDS

Brian

Chadtheguru

I opted for AS13's method in the above link because I didn't have to buy a rail or a swivel stud. He used the piece that came in the box with the bipod which, of course, is used to connect to a swivel stud. :)
Chad

woody67

Quote from: Chadtheguru on June 09, 2014, 06:56:05 PM
I opted for AS13's method in the above link because I didn't have to buy a rail or a swivel stud. He used the piece that came in the box with the bipod which, of course, is used to connect to a swivel stud. :)

Good point...this way you have to buy the swivel stud.

My first attempts when i started were to try to use a washer and nut, but they only hold for so long (unless you get one that is filled with plastic for the threads to grip into. Even then, they start to loosen up after a while, especially if you constantly fold and unfold the the legs.

Your way you also dont have the big knobby thing hanging down. That can be annoying at times...

onebaddj

i replaced my front grip with a utg picitinny rail. was easy and works perfect. on the 2250 i drilled 2 holes in the front grip and mounted a rail on the bottom of it.. both very simple but work flawlessly. the utg bipods come.with all the hardware needed to mount thier bipods to sling swivels or rails.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.