A POLL ON PELLETS

Started by airriflenut, August 01, 2014, 04:35:13 AM

airriflenut

I am needing better pellets for my Disco build.  Currently I am on CO2, I hope PCP very soon.  So far the .177 RWS Superdome 8.3 grain at an average of 830 fps seem to just be slipping thru a squirrels brain or body, lethal but slow.  Guns averaging 720+ were giving DRT results.

I am going to be ordering some new pellets to try, possibly including, but not limited to Predator MetalMags, JSB Monster, and RWS Super-H Hollowpoint.  6.9 grain to 13.54 grain is a wide gap.  I will take which performs the best.

THE POLL:
If you care to give your suggestions limit it to no more than three pellets please.  I'd like to hear why you recommend your choices and opinions on mine.  I am looking for accuracy and trauma with PCP Disco from 10-50+ yards.

Thanks in advance for all replies.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

woody67

I only use JSB's these days.

JSB pellets are my choice all around. Polymags are great, but too expensive.
I use the jsb pellets because i can stack them all day as long as my gun is set up the right way.

airriflenut

Quote from: woody67 on August 01, 2014, 05:20:06 AM
I only use JSB's these days.

JSB pellets are my choice all around. Polymags are great, but too expensive.
I use the jsb pellets because i can stack them all day as long as my gun is set up the right way.

My 1377 mod I've been posting about would put Monster on top of Monster when it was in pistol form, I didn't have anything else to try them in at the time.  They may be perfect in the PCP.  The Ly/Metal mags are overpriced in my opinion but the Poly did well in the 1377 as well.

Thanks for sharing woody!!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.