Youth introduction to air gunning

Started by pump-n-dump, January 02, 2015, 04:56:45 AM

pump-n-dump

My 14 year old niece is up visiting us in NH for the week and today I had the opportunity to introduce her to air gunning. We started off with safety and a few rounds through the Beeman P17 before we went to my 1377. Being a carbine, the shoulder stock and scope really helped her in the accuracy department. She really enjoyed it and while I always do, it was a special feeling to educate and share this with her. I am really looking forward to when my 2 and 5 year old sons are at the right age to share this with them and while that is a way off, this experience will certainly help span the time until then.  :-*

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

RC1947

Very nice!  I taught my grandson to shoot, and the 1st session was safety, which is continually stressed. RC

mudduck48

Looks like you might want to build her her own carbine. Looks like she enjoyed it. Shooting with no BOOM from the powder burners. Once she gets used to shooting, then graduate her to powder. Nice.  :) ;) 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Good stuff PnD. I had my niece and nephew over shooting too, I think it was more fun for me.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

rewinder

Sounds like a good time-- I do the same with my grand sons.

Saw you are in NH, me too! same town-- we should get together somtime---------------------

Paul