Advice on modding the 1377 to 1322 and an 18" barrel .

Started by FranticFred, February 06, 2015, 03:35:34 AM

FranticFred

Meet Sherman.

This is my new Manlapat .22cal Co2 air rifle.I call him  Sherman after the venerable WW11 tank.It's a hand built air rifle made by a group of Brothers from San Fernando Pampanga in the Philippines.I had been chasing around trying to find an air rifle to buy,and always seeming to be a day late..until our friend crossliner offered to help.A couple of days later I had confirmation of an air rifle being held for me by the manufacturer :-*. This is a stainless steel airgun,and it shoots with some real authority.It also has a 2 stage cocking mechanism which allows for reduced power for plinking and sighting in the scope etc. (a nice feature I must say).

I had the scope already (a Bushnell 3x9) but the scope rings were for a weaver mount,so it took a couple of days to locate dovetails..but we found a pair and have it all installed and working fine.I need to cobble together a rifle stand of some sort to correctly dial in the scope,but that will happen here shortly.

I did have some difficulty however.I tied a string to a length of weedeater line so that I could run a piece of fabric through the barrel just to make sure there were no burrs or whatever.I found that I couldn't run the line through in either direction without hitting a protrusion/obstruction in the barrel.I took off the muzzle brake and had no further problems.I think maybe the muzzle brake was a mis-match or something because I can feel a ring inside the muzzle brake.Maybe it wasn't machined properly.

Lastly..thanks again to crossliner who really stepped up and saved my day!!

Shoot the Moon.(you may need some power mods to do that tho).

crossliner

Dang  Mr. Ted, Sherman is a handsome devil  :-* How is it shooting? The only way to know if there is an obstruction inside the "muzzlebrake" is to test it and see how it groups.

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

FranticFred

Quote from: crossliner on February 21, 2015, 10:22:27 AM
Dang  Mr. Ted, Sherman is a handsome devil  :-* How is it shooting? The only way to know if there is an obstruction inside the "muzzlebrake" is to test it and see how it groups.

I ran about 40 pellets through it in the afternoon trying to get the scope sighted in.I used a couple of fish feed bags as supports,but it didn't work that well.Groupings?I would have been just as accurate throwing a handful of rocks. ;D 

I removed the muzzle brake before shooting it as I was really concerned about the seam projecting like it was.I don't see how it could possibly shoot properly with that seam in it.I'm sure it would have sheared the pellet skirts off when the pellet went through.

I have every confidence that the ag will work fine as soon as I iron out a few bugs.

FranticFred

Quote from: Tater on February 21, 2015, 09:31:57 PM
Great looking shooter FF.   :-*

Thanks.It is a very solid and well constructed rifle...and it is a handsome piece I will admit.I may have to make a sleeve for it or something cause it is soo shiny.On the other hand,if I ever need to send out an SOS,being shiny would be very handy. ;)

BillK

I agree, that is a great looking gun.  As for being too shiny, if there is such a thing.... 8)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

crossliner

The Manlapat guys make nice stuff..Here is a sample of one of their builds, it is owned by a friend of mine in Pampanga..It sports a Super Sniper SWFA scope w/c is very popular over there as well as Aeons..

Here is another one of their builds....

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/keandale1/Manlapat%20PCP/story

Both guns sport LW barrels..

Monkeydad1969

Man, they make some beautiful rifles.  Are they easy to come by?  I'd like one in my stable.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

crossliner

Hi Mr. MD they are custom builds so you have to wait a wee bit..You take your design to them and they will build you one. They are located in Luzon..This is the reason why most of the guys over there do not buy imported ones because there are very good builders over there.

Monkeydad1969

Yes they are.  Might have to look into one.  I know it is not going to be cheap.  lol
Joe
Aurora, CO.