1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

airriflenut

Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

hondo

I'm trying to understand how this new trigger group works. The old group works because when the trigger is pulled the sear rotates on its pin and releases the hammer. With the new group it appears that the trigger releases the link which releases the sear. What causes the sear to drop since the sear spring is on the wrong side of the pin? The sear spring looks like it holds the sear up in engagement. I hope this makes sense.

airriflenut

Quote from: hondo on March 05, 2015, 05:14:54 AM
I'm trying to understand how this new trigger group works. The old group works because when the trigger is pulled the sear rotates on its pin and releases the hammer. With the new group it appears that the trigger releases the link which releases the sear. What causes the sear to drop since the sear spring is on the wrong side of the pin? The sear spring looks like it holds the sear up in engagement. I hope this makes sense.

Detailed observation hondo!!  In a nutshell:  the face of the hammer has a bevel that engages the sear...push sear or drop sear.  When the hammer (striker) is cocked there is sufficient force exerted on the sear that when the trigger is pulled and the link pivots the sear "drops" out of engagement...the gun fires.  The spring under the sear is lighter than the normal push sear spring, it need only be strong enough to return the sear into battery after the firing sequence.  All of that for this drop sear assembly, of course.

Having shot with the regular push sear for a long time I was used to it.  With a drop sear the firing cycle is a LOT more defined and crisp.  It just feels better to put it simply.  With a drop sear (smoothed, polished, etc) more accurate shooting is possible due to the faster, more crisp sear release.
Sterling

hondo

Thank you for the super quick reply.
In a nutshell, the striker/hammer pushes the sear out of the way when the trigger link releases the sear. No direct connection between the trigger and the sear. I can see how this results in a smoother trigger pull. In some drawings I've seen posted it appeared like the trigger links pin boss was not circular and forced the sear down when the trigger link rotated after releasing the sear.
Thanks again!!!!

airriflenut

Quote from: hondo on March 05, 2015, 05:53:33 AM
Thank you for the super quick reply.
In a nutshell, the striker/hammer pushes the sear out of the way when the trigger link releases the sear. No direct connection between the trigger and the sear. I can see how this results in a smoother trigger pull. In some drawings I've seen posted it appeared like the trigger links pin boss was not circular and forced the sear down when the trigger link rotated after releasing the sear.
Thanks again!!!!

Not a problem sir!  And, I would like to welcome you to CAPOF!!!
Sterling

Monkeydad1969

Sterling,

When do you get your barrels?

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

airriflenut

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on March 05, 2015, 06:49:21 AM
Sterling,

When do you get your barrels?

Joe

UPS shows for next Tuesday, 10th.
Sterling