Pics of the PDG Bomb & Destroyer

Started by tinker, March 13, 2015, 10:35:17 PM

Monkeydad1969

I hope to use the Destroyers in place of slugs if they perform at 50 yards.  The shot on the can dropped about 1.5" from actual POA, but that was expected since my Disco is set up for the 14.3 Benji's.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Monkeydad1969

Got bored, talking to my bud on the GTA...so I made some experiments---

Destroyer next to Destroyer with cross cut and Destroyer hollowed out and filled with super glue.  Wanted to use hot glue, but need a smaller tip.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

They do look very interesting!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Monkeydad1969

I went out p-dawg today with my youngest and my bud Jason, but the wind was to bad to do any testing.  But at 40 yards they shot pretty straight.  I think they are better suited in a pcp and not a springer like others are getting bad results with...the Destroyer and Bomb pellets.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

(Tinker)

Monkeydad1969

So I shot the molested Destroyers into my clay.  With enough fps, I am pretty sure the ones I drill out hollowpoints into will be nasty.  The ones with the cross cuts will need to be pried open a little to get the results I want.  But I have high hopes for making HP Destroyers.  Hollowed out one on right.

Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

The hollow point idea may be the way to go.

Glen
(Tinker)

Monkeydad1969

I'm thinking so.  So much that I am about to make up about 50 and order a few more tins.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Monkeydad1969

Here go you Glen.  I drilled this one short of 1/8" with a 5/64" bit and used the Sumatra on the red dot at about the first 1/4 turn on the power wheel.

Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

Now that looks like a pellet that should anchor a few pests!  How do they shoot in the Sumatra?

Today we tried some on an empty spray paint can and the accuracy was good enough to make my partner smile.  About 30 yards out. Two 5" diameter coconuts were blown off the tree shooting Bomb .22 pellets out of a 24" barreled Condor! One shot per coconut.

Glen
(Tinker)

Monkeydad1969

I didn't go for distance.  I will try this weekend.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

K.O.

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on March 31, 2015, 11:29:31 PM
Here go you Glen.  I drilled this one short of 1/8" with a 5/64" bit and used the Sumatra on the red dot at about the first 1/4 turn on the power wheel.

That just be NASTY...
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.