Clevercraft scope mount

Started by Bud, April 26, 2015, 06:40:11 PM

Bud

I just ran across this on Youtube. It slides over the barrel of the 1377 & 1322, it comes with a couple of set screws and an allen key. It comes with a Picatinny rail. There is one on Ebay for $35 + $5 shipping. Anybody try one?

BillK

It looks like it would be pretty solid.  The cost is about the same as a steel breech.  So, why not get a breech?  The breech does, for sure, keep the barrel from moving.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Bud

I just like to explore all options, I will probably get the breech. I will have to wait until next month. Being retired and on social security and a small pension is like being 13 tears old again. When I want something I have to save up for it. :(

Shabbs

I just ordered one for myself.
I have a steel breech but after adding it and optics I hated the weight shooting off hand. Fine for bench shooting but it just didn't point well for me after going with steel. I immediately switched back to plastic and open sights and was happy again.
That was 4 years ago.
Strictly personal preference. I'm going to sell the steel breech if I can find where I put it and buy an aluminum breech eventually. I didn't even know aluminum was available until last year.
I'll give a review after I install it.

Cheers
S

mudduck48

Our Davio, here on the forum has aluminum breech kits. .22 or .177, right or left handed. He also gives discount to forum members here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREECH-KIT-ALUMINUM-Right-Handed-22-cal-COMPLETE-Crosman-1322-2240-2260-2250-/301447164690?hash=item462fa6b312:g:EMgAAMXQC-tTAEbA
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Shabbs

Thanks for links.
Maybe I'll grab one and a 14" barrel when I get the bug to start another build.
:-*

Tommy

Looks like the Clevercraft scope mount only allows for the bolt handle to be on the right side.  With the stock plastic breech I am able to hold, and shoot the 2240 with my right hand.   Reach over with left hand to pull bolt back, insert a pellet, then close the breech.   If there is a scope on top it may be awkward to reach over with left hand.

oldgearhead

The advantage the CleverCraft mount has over most other 13xx and 22xx mounts is an 11mm 20nn adapter is not required. The Picatinny is a system and enables many other items to be mounted. The CleverCraft may not have enough forward rail for my needs and the Hawke adapter cost half as much. However, most 11mm to 22mm adapters require a dovetail, but the CleverCraft does not...

Hawke adapter, notice the 45° flashlight mount. An anti-cant bubble has recently been added to the right side:
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

Tommy

Quote from: oldgearhead on July 09, 2016, 06:55:44 PM
An anti-cant bubble has recently been added to the right side:

What Crosman pistol are you shooting with at what distant that needs an anti cant bubble?

oldgearhead

Tommy, I shot registered ATA trap for 25+ years. With 16 yard singles I developed a very extreme left-cant on left rising targets and also a right-cant on right targets. This habit is very hard for me to break and the level helps a lot.
The air-gun pictured is a PC77 scout carbine. Most of my targets are red pine squirrels at 30-40 feet or paper targets inside at 20 feet.
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

MikeVictor

I just ordered a Clevercraft mount and a BSA red dot scope for my 1377.  Will provide a short review and pick later.  I have adjusted the trigger so it is lighter and I added a carbine stock.  I use it mostly to deal with wood rats that take up residence under my back yard deck...and some target shooting now and then.
If you're not a bit surprised when the pistol fires..a center hit is unlikely