2260 Sights

Started by mudduck48, August 05, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

BillK

I have also mounted them to pistol breeches. 

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Poorman Plinker

:-* Mr. K, In that vane I was considering drilling out the 6-40 hole and using a longer 8-32 action/breech screw to mount the sight. I noticed you used 2 screws to stop the mount from swiveling and I may have to do that or "jam" it into the slot. It might lock up on the plastic action, but is a bit wide. Thanks for the food for thought.  8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

BillK

I felt that I could use one screw on a plastic breech because I could make an indent in the breech for the elevation screw that would keep the sight mount from moving side to side.  Also I have a nut on the screw that goes through the breech so it can be tightened down with not worry of striping.
You want to make the sight mount as stable as possible since there is L-R side to side adjustments for the sight.  (keep the mount stable & move the sight)
I have no complaints and would change nothing on either mount.
As you can see on the 2 screw mount I couldn't get the screws in the exact center of the breech/mount.  Since the mount allows the sight to be moved L&R & U&D the mounting misalignment is cosmetic & does not effect the accuracy of the sight.
Yes....I wish I could drill holes in a straight line, but I can' ???t.

By the way.....You can call me "Bill".
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Poorman Plinker

;D Thanks Bill,
I too have a hard time lining things up with my drill press vise and my cordless hand drill. You have some great ideas here and I will be using the discovery mount. I intend to cantalever it over the back of the action on a "target" pistol.  8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

BillK

As you will see when you get a mount you need the mount to be over some surface to be able to use the elevation screw.
The elevation screw is the set screw located just in front of the sight.  I made indentations in the breech for the elevation set screw which also helps eliminating the side to side movement of the mount.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Poorman Plinker

Thanks Bill  :-* ,
I really appreciate all your help on this as you are saving me a lot of trial and error... especially the error  ;)
I will take a very close look before I start drilling now that I know what to look for.  8)

mudduck48

Well after 7 carts,245 pellets, 3 front sight changes, 3 rear sight changes, I finally figured out what to do to my 2260 to get sighted in.The barrel needs to be turned to the right just a bit. I need to loosen the set screws, the breech screw and the rear breech screw and turn the barrel to the right just a bit.The barrel is in crooked. The first target shows, just putting on the Diso front sight and then moving it. The last target show the potential of the rifle. 3 shots in one hole. TO BE CONTINUED.  :-* :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Poorman Plinker

Wow Mudducker... that is something about the barrel. I will surely consider that when I am having shot stringing problems.  8)

Trophyhunter49

:-* Way to go Ducky !!  I never would have thought of doin that!!   :-*

mudduck48

I tried to loosen up all of the screws to move the barrel and it did not work. This thing is getting perplexing. Now, the next thing is take the top off the rifle. Look to see if the tranferport is lined up with the breech. If push comes to shove, I'll put the plastic breech back on and see what that will do. Hay, they say, just put a scope on it. I'm shooting 5M or 20ft in my garage. I don't want a scope. :-\

arkmaker †

That was one of the best shooting rifles I have owned. Offer still stands to send it back for a refund  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Nope, ain't going to.  I'm not through with this thing. I'm determined to figure out why the front sight is canted to the right and the rear sight is off to the left. The next thing I'm going to do is take the top of the gun off. breech, barrel and the barrel band. And try to figure out what is wrong with thing. I'm starting to think that the screw holes,in the tube, for the breech are off center. More to come. :P 

Trophyhunter49

I'm starting to think that the screw holes,in the tube, for the breech are off center. More to come. :P
[/quote]  I have seen that before in some of Crosman's guns ! Just go ahead and put a scope on it!!   ;)

mudduck48

Yep, I could just put a scope on it, but that would require throwing more money at it. I shoot 5m and 20ft in my garage. The Hammers scope is the only one that I have found that will shoot that close. There is another $60. I have about $190 so far in this project, and I am going to try to fix it with what I have. If I can't, it is going in the closet with the rest of my paper weights. :P

Poorman Plinker

If you are getting a string like that a 5 m there is something seriously off center. :o  Of course you tried changing pellets and inspected the muzzle crown!!! I know what you mean that you have a cant in the action/breech. Almost all my guns do the same thing and I just live with it. I have not figured out get the action to sit verticle on the receiver tube and look forward to reading about your solution.  8)