1740 Pistol Shot String

Started by arkmaker †, August 22, 2015, 03:25:43 AM

arkmaker †

Finally did the shot string. New 1740 tube installed. Interesting thing that I have been noticing is the numbers I get with and without using a drop of Pelgun Oil. I have seen the same kind of results with the Challenger, Disco, 1740 carbine, 2260, and 2240. I have now documented 2 of them and each time, the carts that received a drop of Pelgun Oil had more consistent results and higher fps. Just something I thought I would throw out there for all of you non believers (as I was). I will now use a drop much more frequently than I did in the past.

Anyway, on the 2nd cart I turned the PA out 2 full turns and got higher/flatter numbers. Also used a drop of that magic oil. Aim point and distance was the same across the chrony.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Looks really good. You know what? You need to get a life. :P Charge up your shop and start making parts. :-* :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

Really nice lookin shooter  :-*

arkmaker †

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 22, 2015, 03:45:00 AM
Looks really good. You know what? You need to get a life. :P Charge up your shop and start making parts. :-* :-*

Life? ............ is what you make of it! I spent the last 2 days in the shop moving boxes, emptying boxes, sorting cutting tools/endmills, cleaning up the machines, putting up lights, installing this and that. Last evening, I was grilling dinner and thought about the 1740, so I ran up and grabbed it, shot a string before and another after dinner. My life revolves around 2 things.......... my wife and airguns! Not necessarily in that order ;-) That was the plan, when we moved of out of the city and I'm sticking to it!!!! My timeline for having the shop wired has moved to the fall. New bathroom to be installed first (priority #1 according to my better half).

Soon Duck, soon

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on August 22, 2015, 06:36:34 AM
  Really nice lookin shooter  :-*

Thanks, I may tweak that hammer spring a little more, but other than always wanting to have the breech and PA black anodized, she it done. No more mods!

bgmcgee

Nice looking and shooting pistol you have there Rich.  :-*  I'm liking the 2 tone look you have now.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

Quote from: bgmcgee on August 22, 2015, 02:02:08 PM
Nice looking and shooting pistol you have there Rich.  :-*  I'm liking the 2 tone look you have now.

Thanks. Not one that will ever get away!!
I kind of like the two-tone look of it also, but have always felt that it would look pretty good all black. Maybe, I will make a new LDC out of aluminum with black delrin caps for it. The Disco is one very loud rifle, even on Co2, so I could move the 1740 LDC to it if I did. Thoughts........just hate to change anything and jinx how good it shoots. If only I could match it ;-)