.30 cal.

Started by Trophyhunter49, January 12, 2016, 05:04:04 PM

srbsmartie

I just ordered a big bore breech from Baker as well, I would like to get either a .30 cal barrel or 9mm barrel from Track of the Wolf .
The gun I had planned on converting is my 1322, I may have missed it somewhere but what gun are you using as your base?
I know the 1322 is pretty low powered for a big bore, but I really just wanted a proof of concept to see if I can do it. I have ordered a flat top piston and valve combo and a Boss transfer port from Alchemy Airwerks to bump up the available power. I plan onupgrading the hammer and hammer spring too along with possibly a power adjuster too. Is the barrel you have made specific for airguns, or is it a firearm barrel?
Craig

Trophyhunter49

I'm having Don Cothran building me a stainless steel Disco tube , so i would say a Disco is the base. The barrel is one of TJ's .

1377x

Track of wolf gets there barrel liners from tj's
closed mouths dont get fed

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: srbsmartie on February 06, 2016, 02:05:10 AM
I just ordered a big bore breech from Baker as well, I would like to get either a .30 cal barrel or 9mm barrel from Track of the Wolf .
The gun I had planned on converting is my 1322, I may have missed it somewhere but what gun are you using as your base?
I know the 1322 is pretty low powered for a big bore, but I really just wanted a proof of concept to see if I can do it. I have ordered a flat top piston and valve combo and a Boss transfer port from Alchemy Airwerks to bump up the available power. I plan onupgrading the hammer and hammer spring too along with possibly a power adjuster too. Is the barrel you have made specific for airguns, or is it a firearm barrel?
Craig

Alright, now we all really want to see this build.  :-*
Joe
Aurora, CO.

srbsmartie

I'll take pictures, I've only had the thing about 3 weeks and already I want MOAR!!!
I figure if it shoots decent enough I can use the breech on a Disco build.

Craig

Monkeydad1969

True...but I want to see a 13XX shoot big.  You have to make a vid!  :-*
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Trophyhunter49

;) Up date on the .30 cal. build !!!   Got PM from Gippeto ( Al ) today everything going good and also update from Don ,stanless steel disco tube and valve coming along good! :) :) Want be long everything will come in and I'll be like a kid at Christmas !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Mike sounds like a really neat build you are planning out.

I built a .25 caliber race gun using one of Gippeto's barrels and couldn't have been more pleased with his work.  He is a fine craftsman.

So hurry up and start posting your pictures so we can all enjoy this with you.  ;)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: quickster47 on February 17, 2016, 03:27:10 AM
Mike sounds like a really neat build you are planning out.

I built a .25 caliber race gun using one of Gippeto's barrels and couldn't have been more pleased with his work.  He is a fine craftsman.

So hurry up and start posting your pictures so we can all enjoy this with you.  ;)

Carl
Just as soon as I start gettin stuff in!! ;) ;)

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on February 17, 2016, 01:56:13 AM
;) Up date on the .30 cal. build !!!   Got PM from Gippeto ( Al ) today everything going good and also update from Don ,stanless steel disco tube and valve coming along good! :) :) Want be long everything will come in and I'll be like a kid at Christmas !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice---Show-off!
Joe
Aurora, CO.

WyoMan

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on February 17, 2016, 03:39:01 AM
Just as soon as I start gettin stuff in!! ;) ;)

Well Mike...we want to see it now! Guess we have less patience than you  :D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: WyoMan on February 17, 2016, 04:47:19 AM
Well Mike...we want to see it now! Guess we have less patience than you  :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm ready to get started !

Gippeto

Trophyhunter49