Chronographs

Started by CraigH, March 13, 2016, 06:06:24 PM

DHunter

Quote from: mr007s on January 13, 2021, 02:58:21 PM
Did it come  with a manual, have you read it?  Are you shooting thru the correct end?  There is a minimum sped a chrony will record.  You cant throw concrete chunks fast enough
Yes, the manual is pretty minimal; and as I said above, it doesn't give any hints.  I always read the manuals for anything I get, and I keep them, never lose them.  It specifies that the speed range is 1 to 9999 feet per second.  You shoot into the end that has the LCD to show you the speed.  I've emailed the manufacturer on their website, so we'll see what they come back with.

Rualert

Hello all, I know it's been a while. That said I didn't see specific mention of using the F1 and a simple USB cable available from a couple of sources which allows the use of both commercial and open source free software to capture shot string data in basic csv and other formats. I have been using this setup for several years with no complaints. I will add that I use one of Brutz's spreadsheets modified to FPS rather than MPS to record data, calculate averages and built usable graphs.

Just something that might be of help.

Glad to be back for at least some interaction as I have been so berried I have not had time to participate, which I apologize for.

Casey

DHunter

Quote from: DHunter on January 12, 2021, 09:30:17 PM
A friend just gave me a Caldwell crony.  I don't know when he bought it, but he never even opened the package.

Well, it doesn't work.  It just gives the -[ ]- display, which doesn't change when I shoot through it.  I've tried indoors with LED lighting, and outdoors on a sunny day, in the sun, and in the shade, on the mps and fps settings, and there's never a reading.  One time I got the Err 2 display and one time I got the Err 3 display, but usually it's just the -[ ]- and never any numbers.  I thought maybe the .22 pellets were too small for it, so I tried throwing small chunks of concrete through it.  Still nothing.  The manual doesn't give any hints.  Do any of you have any ideas?  I do not use a smartphone, and all I want is the numerical display on the unit.  I don't need any connectivity or min/max or standard deviation or anything else, just the speed of the most recent shot.

I emailed Caldwell three times and never got a response, so I called them and talked to a man there who asked me a few questions and then he said it sounds like they better send me another one.  I'm not the original owner, but I explained that the original owner never even opened the package.  Assuming the new one works, I'll be very happy with Caldwell!  That's way better than the run-around I've gotten from eBay seller happykisssoul about a defective PCP pump.

A29Adriver

Has anybody used an Acetech AC6000?

BeeGee

Even the cheap ones can be good for your own use to compare tunes.  If they're off a little bit no biggie as long as they're consistent.