have you seen this?

Started by 1377x, May 07, 2016, 08:42:58 AM

quickster47 †

There's been some discussion about it with the consensus being that it is a little too pricey.  No one I know has bought one yet.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

CraigH

There was some discussion regarding this in "Seen for sale somewhere else on the net" around April 18-20, but no one had bought one at that time.  The general thought was it is rather pricey, but now seems to be down about $3.  With few sales and a large inventory, maybe someday it will be reasonable (notwithstanding what it costs to make).
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

mudduck48

Looks cool, but costs too much. Now, if he made a complete aluminum grip frame and cover, then he might have something. Someone will buy the cover, just to be the first on the block to have one.  :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Gippeto

Don't know if it's the same guy or not, but Michael (Derekvinyard) has a solid reputation on the CAF. Used to be a guy went by Magnumair on the CAF...

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic59806.html?hilit=cover%20for%20trigger%20frame

Al

ped

they look nice and tbh at $26 I don't think they're over dear but then in the UK we are used to paying more than you lads
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Colt25

If I wanted extra weight on my 1377 I'd get a steel breech and steel adjustable pump piston.....oops I already have those  :)

CraigH

ped,

Speaking only for myself, I tend to be value oriented (not cheap, but whatever one will do with it), and just cannot put the value parameter on a $26 side plate compared to a whole $49.99 (everyday price) Crosman 1377 at Walmart.  OTOH, perhaps an item is just "the thing" that makes one's built perfect.  Regardless, within the higher priced UK market, airgunners seem to have a broader selection of rather interesting airguns and airgun magazines.  And some interesting quality machinery, like Myford lathes, which are reported to be one of the best hobby lathes, and more rare than hen's teeth here so I cannot even attempt to apply a value.  Impossible to say which side of the pond has a better arrangement, just different.     :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

1377x

I read people were interested in a metal 3 screw side plate. When it comes to custom parts are they ever economically priced? Set up, jigs and time put into a part like this I would imagine it wouldn't be "cheap" myself I am content with the plastic cover just have to remember not to over tighten it.
Well maybe someone will spring for one and post a  review
closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

As for me I like it !!  With the Cerakote that I have had my son do for me , which is backed on at 350 to 400 degrees the plastic one seem to draw a bit! May have to check it out !!

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Trophyhunter49

This guy has some good stuff , I've bought some stuff from him and have has good luck with too!!

WyoMan

Thanks for the info and links  :-*
I would have purchased several already if I knew for sure they were anodized black...
The link Al gave shows they are but the ebay pics are unclear...does anyone know?
I'm not really into "in the white" AL2 or pot metal to match it - thanks
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

quickster47 †

With any luck mine will be here next week and then I will be able to give a personal opinion of the fit and finish and overall impression plus how it stacks up value wise.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on May 13, 2016, 06:04:15 AM
  This guy has some good stuff , I've bought some stuff from him and have has good luck with it too!!
??? ??? Don't ask me how I done this because I don't know !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Its been one of those days today that nothing has gone right! :( :(  I sent the guy an email yesterday to find out if they were black or bare alum. Waiting on a reply , as soon as I hear I'll post it !