weighting the insides of pistol grips

Started by UKairgunner, June 17, 2016, 08:46:03 PM

quickster47 †

Well, they look like they came out alright.  Especially if you got the balance point where you wanted it to be.   :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

UKairgunner

Yes im very pleased with the results.If you use a  2250 balance might not be an issue as your other hand would  naturally be on the front stock so counteracting any imbalance.But if your shooting a 2240 with both hands around the grips and with a longer barrel and sights/uv lights etc attached it might be an idea.
As ever I am guided by function deciding form
Crosman  2240  ,swifty "stumpy" moderator,Hawke red dot

Chris79

Hi mate great idea and one that I'm going to use once I have built my 2240 up, what mod is that? is it pretty quiet ie how does it compare to unmodded and where can I get one please?  :-*

UKairgunner

hiya mate
Its a swift "stumpy" designed and made by Richard Pope, a Birmingham gunsmith/precision engineer.
They are popular in the UK  for HPA air rifles and FAC air rifles

Because of this they have recently been counterfeited  so you should contact him to check approved suppliers and you can also pick one up from his workshop direct in person for £40,mine is multi chambered with separate screw on sections,its fine engineering from the city which invented engineering and makes a huge difference to the noise

ive not got a sound meter so i cant give any Db figures for reduction but its considerable

his site is   http://www.swiftprecisionrifles.co.uk/

if im not allowed to post about this please tell me and ill remove this post

quickster47 †

Quote from: UKairgunner on June 22, 2016, 06:44:02 PM
if im not allowed to post about this please tell me and ill remove this post.

Your post is okay.  We are an international forum so the rules are not too hard-lined regarding information like what you posted.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

UKairgunner

thanks Quickster
im up to speed with the politics of the USA situation as regards moderators, but i just was cautious because of the American members online and any grief i might cause them/you/this forum

thanks

Chris79