LW barell from 1300 on 2240 or 2400KT

Started by 10man, September 01, 2016, 10:08:09 PM

10man

I noticed the CCS started offering the 1300KT Pump Carbine as a third option.
Most interesting to me is that one option offered is a .22 Lothar Walther barrel in 14.6". (Yes, .22).
Can anyone tell me if this barrel will fit a 2240 or 2400KT?

John

CraigH

Yes, it will fit.  But how to get one?  Generally Crosman does not have parts lists for CCS air guns.  Parts have to be selected from EVP's, and there is no EVP for a 1300KT.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

bgmcgee

You can always buy a 1300kt and swapnthe barrel out.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BillK

Quote from: bgmcgee on September 02, 2016, 12:13:02 AM
You can always buy a 1300kt and swapnthe barrel out.

Yes, and then you can buy another. 
Usually, once you have bought a Custom Shop item you can buy other Custom Shop parts.  There is a "buying guide" that the sales people are supposed to impose on us consumers/orderers  of the Custom Shop.  Just because you are a Custom Shop customer doesn't mean you can order all items and usually only one at a time.  Some sales reps follow the rules to a dictatorial
amount (a$$'S) and others will sell most anything within reason. 
Without a previous Custom Shop order.......don't bother.....   
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

semperfalcon

I contacted them with a big list of parts (including a LW barrel) and they were happy to reply with a price list for me to order, with no mention of whether or not I was a CCS customer. I never completed the order so they may have stopped me at that point, but it's worth a shot.
Let no man's ghost return to say, "My training let me down."

BillK

Yes it is.  Never know unless you ask.  If it weren't for asking (& begging) I'd still be a virgin.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

10man

I had my first interaction with Crosman on the phone today and was very impressed.
They did want an order number before they would help me custom shop wise, but once they got it they were great.
They sold me a 14.6  LW barell and verified it would fit my 2400KT.  Even offered to wave the shipping. 
I asked if they would sell my two... (Like BillK said "never know till you ask.")
Unfortunately they are on back order and for now will sell only one at a time.
New custom guns take priority too.

10man

The gal at Crosman gave me Part # P1300-116 as the part number for the 14.6" Lothar Walther barrel in .22.
Obviously she knew why I asked, and she said I would not be able to just order one, but would need a CCS order number to tie it to.

Still figuring out the system...

CraigH

Upon figuring it out, let us know!    :D     Seriously though, different people have received different answers, depending on the staff person.  And they are uniformly very nice.  I don't recall anyone getting an LW barrel (excepting the 10" from the 2300S pistol).  But with your CCS order number you did get an LW barrel.    :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

10man

Yep, she said...it's a new item so it's in demand.  She did say it should be an option on the 2400 since it will fit. 
It's on backorder but the charge went through on my card.  No confirmation email yet though.

10man

Received my custom shop 2400KT yesterday along with the 14.6' LW .22 barrel.
The receipt for the barrel actually references the custom shop gun it is intended for.
Let the games begin...

1377x

Sweet
Congrats
can you see the difference between the lw barrel and a standard .22 crosman barrel?
I had a .177 lw barrel and could see the difference between barrels. As far as accuracy at 10 meters both would one hole 5-10 shots no bigger than a .22 hole. I didn't try any 25 meter shots

At what point does barrel selection make a difference?
closed mouths dont get fed

BillK

Buying a Crosman barrel has often been referred to as the barrel lottery.  Some are good & some are not.  I have not heard of a bad LW barrel.
.177 Crosman barrels seem to be more consistently better than the .22.   10 meters doesn't show up the flaws as 30M does.  The way I shoot @ 10M free hand pistol I don't think I could tell the difference in barrels.  10M bench rest rifle does show a difference from a Crosman to a consistent LW barrel. 
If hitting a pencil eraser sized target, time after time, is important to you, you want the LW barrel.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

redpcx

I have a 2300kt with a 10" LW barrel.  I also have a 2300T with a Crosman barrel.
Both are Accurate.  With a Capitol A.   I have other Crosman guns, and I bought a barrel from parts.
I can concur on the Barrel Lottery theory.  The spare barrel looks like a spiral on the outside, like a nail file.
I am pretty sure they will make sure you get a nice barrel on a 2300T, or ANY custom shop gun.
Pay more, get more.  The 2300T was on a double special at Amazon last year.
The LW barrel definitely looks nicer on the outside finish.   Does it shoot better?  Probably, but both shoot VERY well, as well as we can.  The KT does have a little higher velocity. 
We also have a 2400KT.  Nice barrel, seems like the custom shop selects the nicer parts out of the bin.
For the price, with a cute Engraving for Darlene, a great bargain.  And, Custom Shop has had an end of year sale last couple years.
Would I order the LW barrel again? Yeah, just for my satisfaction.  A nice Crosman barrel can perform, and a rough one can be polished up. 

10man

Still setting up the chronograph to do the comparison.
Haven't used it in quite a while.
Finish looks really good with flat muzzle, slight inside tapered crown.
I'll keep you posted.