State by State sticky?

Started by beejwest, November 23, 2016, 07:35:11 PM

beejwest

Am I missing this?  I know other forums have a few threads or sections that show where shooters are meeting up and/or what's happening in each state/provence.  Anyone else interested in this?  I'd like to do a local shoot somewhere, sometime and it would be nice to meet some fellow CAPOF members. 

Feel free to remove this line and edit this post

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2301251

Just go to the map and click on the Additions button at the top left.  You can then add yourself, either as a general location (city, state/country) or a more specific location.

Use "Add Marker - Simple"    You can pin the marker at a specific place or by state or city or country
Full blown Crosmaniac.

CraigH

I like the idea.  We have some information in the profiles, but not everyone, and many that are not specific.  A map and a list would be interesting, but would take a knowledgeable person.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Trophyhunter49

beejwest

Sweet!  Any mod, can we perhaps get a new category set up then with a listing of each state as a sub-category?  That way members from each state or provence can post within the sub-category and set up fun shoots, competitions, or meet and greets? 
Full blown Crosmaniac.

mudduck48

GOBBLE,GOBBLE. :P :P You want to find out where I'm at, click on mudduck48 and it will tell you where I am at. :P :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

SouthernBoy

That could be interesting.   :-*
Chuck
Baton Rouge, LA

Crosman 2300KT

Tater

Either that, or encourage members to list their city/state in their signatures, or at least the state. Especially with hunting posts, it's nice to know the state hunted when animal behavior or feeding habits are mentioned.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

arkmaker †

Best thing to do is to shoot Brutuz a pm. Would be some set up work involved and also another area to moderate.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Quote from: Tater on November 26, 2016, 10:17:13 AM
Either that, or encourage members to list their city/state in their signatures, or at least the state. Especially with hunting posts, it's nice to know the state hunted when animal behavior or feeding habits are mentioned.

Now that's a good idea ...   :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

Old Dog

A good suggestion :-* :-* :-*

Bill :)
Phoenix, AZ
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

BillK

As noted in my sig.    West MI.
To b specific:  GREENVILLE !!!
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Brutuz

Not enough activtty for all those new fora, give this a try, topic title `Meet and greet #name state`and see how it goes
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

JMJinNC

I agree Bert. If anyone is interested in local meet-ups, a good place to start is putting your state/city in your profile.

JMJ
John

farrlarr

If anyone is really interested in following through on this, you might want to check out the following:

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=67290.0;topicseen
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

beejwest

I knew the GTA one existed.  I feel like most of the members here are probably members there as well.  This is just a way better community than GTA (not a slam against GTA or anyone else).  Guess we'll stick with location in the profiles.
Full blown Crosmaniac.