2300KT on the way...

Started by Weiand, December 07, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

Weiand

3-6 weeks it say's..... feel's more like 3-6 eon's with each hour that go's by.

As I wait for my 2300KT to arrive, took a look at the online manual, saw that the trigger can be adjust'd & the velocity adjustment.
Both look easy 'nuff without havin' pistol in hand to look at, as well both seem to be the first to do 'fore fire for the first time.

What is on the way:

Custom 2300KT

The  build:

Base  2300KT Custom Gun Base
Base Assembly  2300KT Base Assembly
Barrel 14.6 Crosman Barrel (.22 caliber)
Breech Long Steel Breech
Muzzle Black Muzzle Brake
Optics / Sights  2x Pistol Scope w/ dovetail rings
Stock / Grips Standard Plastic Grip
Trigger Shoe Red Trigger Shoe
Engraving     2300KT .22

This will be my first .22 airgun. Without bein' able to get any numbers, fps/fpe, from Crosman on it an not havin' a chrono, I pretty much have to guess.
I did order two diff brands/kinds of pellets to start out with.

Daisy Precision Max .22 Cal, 14.0 Grains, Pointed, 250ct
Crosman Premier .22 Cal, 14.3 Grains, Hollowpoint, 500ct

I'm guessin', as well hopin', that the new pistol should hit harder than my .20 Sheridan.

Since I'm quite sure that sumone here has this same setup or very close to it, any tips/info/etc. on pellets is greatly need'd. I took a bit of a quess on the grain, pick'd 2 diff types & went with what was available at the time of order.

I can see how the pistol is pretty much endless for mod's & prob for tune's as well.
I did not howe'er, see any place that show'd part's available or price's for said parts.

Other than the trigger adjust & velocity "screw", any other mod/tune that can be done right away when it arrives?
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

Were you looking at the 2300S manual?
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Weiand

Actually, I'm not sure now. It was on the Crosman website.
My thought was to take a look prior to it arrivin', which should have a manual includ'd. Jus' want'd to get a bit of a head start.
I'll have to go back & look an see if I can find the one I was lookin' at 'gain.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

Seem's it was the "S" I was lookin' at. Took a peek at "S" & "T" both jus' now.
S has it, T doesn't.
So then I'm guessin' the base of the KT if the "T" model, so no velocity adjustment.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

I asked that question because I could not add a power adjuster to my 2400KT (only 4 to 7 weeks to go) and I am pretty certain it is the same on the 2300KT.  There are a few shortcomings of CCS offerings with respect to options.   Still good stuff!
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Weiand

Very much still a good way to go with the custom shop & a bit less dollars than purchase base & do upgrades. I order'd on cyber monday so got quite the discount doing it on that day.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Weiand

I'm sure it'll be more fun than a barrel of monkeys with pistol's.
I know I can't wait for it to arrive, already wantin' to mod it an it's not e'en built  yet.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

RetatCDude

You can buy a power adjuster from a vendor here and on the GTA.
I doubt it will have the power of your Blue Streak with 8 pumps.
Too, the 20 caliber pellets have a better ballistic co-efficient.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Weiand

Seems a power adjuster will need to be the first addition then. Point me in the direction of that so I can start workin' on the details?
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

DiscosRUs; Crosman; MellonAir.  I do not have the first, the second is a complete assemble, the last a simple one.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

RetatCDude

Quote from: Weiand on December 07, 2016, 04:00:49 PM
Seems a power adjuster will need to be the first addition then. Point me in the direction of that so I can start workin' on the details?

Dave @ AlchemyAirWerks.com has all the good stuff for your new pistol.
He has an eBay site to.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Weiand

Never 'nuff pellet's...

Brutuz

Quote.... feel's more like 3-6 eon's with each hour that go's by.

....... in order to be able to judge your new pistol your should buy a new stock 2240 to kill cans with and shoot some paper targets for our online comps  :D :P :)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well