2300KT on the way...

Started by Weiand, December 07, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

BillK

If you are going with a Rear Power Adjuster (RPA) get one that allows you to remove the hammer spring by turning out the adjusting screw.  With this type you have infinite adjustment for Max. high or very low FPS.   Other RPAs limit your options to what the makers feel is the max. & min. adjustments.  Not enough adjustment IMHO.
I may want to shoot 60 shots @ 400 FPS one day and 20 shoots @ 700 FPS the next.  Who knows???
http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/power-adjusters   Something like this.....
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Weiand

Perfectly good point there.
Very much they way I'll want to go with it.
Still have to wait to actually get it, then find that PA
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

show's 22xx  so I'm guessin' the 2300 is the same as the 22xx in that aspect.
Does seem like an easy 'nuff swap
Never 'nuff pellet's...

BillK

Quote from: Weiand on December 08, 2016, 05:16:38 AM
show's 22xx  so I'm guessin' the 2300 is the same as the 22xx in that aspect.
Does seem like an easy 'nuff swap

Right on!  The 22xx is the same for all Crosman CO2 guns.  They (Crosman) uses the 23xx model #s to delineate 2240 guns they have added parts to "in-house".
There are only the 13xx pumper tube size or the 22xx CO2 tube size guns by Crosman now.

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Weiand

One more bit of info to add to it then.
Since I'm still in the wait time of the  build an ship of the 2300, seems now is a good time to order that RPA givin' the chance of havin' 'em both here at the same time, as well as time to look e'erytin' up prior to gettin' the manual to have it down for swappin' it out.
No chrono, so no real way to test the speed, but easy 'nuff to test the  hit power with diff objects to see how they hit.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

It's only been 10 days since I actually plac'd the order for my 2300KT, to which I'm to understand the "base" is a 2300T.
No where near arrivin'  yet an I'm already seein' lots an lots of parts I "think" I want for it.
22xx shown for parts for tube size will fit as I've already been told.
As I look at more parts, which right now I am lookin' thru Alchemy's site for more idea's than I prob need....
Main question is, if it says 22xx, that should fit my 2300 right? Otherwise it show's 2300.
On grips, it shows 1701-P  or jus' say's standard... So I'm guessin' there is a bit of a difference there.

I've taken a look at the online manual for the 2300T so have a general idea on the guts of it, which, once in hand & have a manual infront of me, will make it much easy'r.

I'm waitn' to hear back on that RPA in blued steel that you point'd me too.

My understandin' is the trigger is adjustable "out of the box", but I as well see trigger parts on the alchemy site. So then would that be an actual upgrade? trigger/spring/shoe/etc. ?

Since I will put in the RPA when I get it an adjust the trigger right away, if sum 'o those parts do more than jus' the adjustin' an sum 'o the price's don't seem too bad, don't wanna spend a lot right away, may as well do it all at once.
Then I see other parts..... strike hammer, hammer springs, port'd valve, then like "dress up" stainless screw's an cap's....

I do see this bein' an insane money pit jus' like buildin' an engine.....

The Cyber Monday deal got me into it at what I feel was a pretty nice price, so a few more buck's here an there at the start up to improve the performance, I feel, would be a good way to go. Grant'd, I'm more than sure, down the road, alot more will be done and/or get another an go partially insane with it.

With the current build set up, the addition of the RPA, the already adjustable trigger, would any of the trigger parts make much of a difference right now? The port'd valve in combo with the RPA bring up the fps/fpe much? I've got 14.0 & 14.3 grain pellets on the way, which was jus' an "guess" on weight to get me start'd.
Goin' by the 520 fps "told" at stock, but no idea on the grain for that, with the RPA crank'd up an the 14 - 14.3 grain with the 14.6" barrel, I'm guessin' I can get close to 650-ish fps with dependin' on the head type of the pellet in the 10-12 fpe?

Well that was a lot of word's...... my 2300 need's to show up so I can spend more time shootin' it instead of spendin' so much time tryin' to tink of what I can do to it.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

Blued Steel RPA order'd now, so there is one part...
From what I read, the adjustable trigger sear on Alchemy is the same that is in the 2300KT, which as well saw the read on how to make an e'en lighter pull.
So that part won't be need'd.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

.22 Point'd 14.0g & Hollow 14.3g pellets arriv'd today. Well and more .20's as well.
I've got the ammo, now jus' need the pistol to show up. :)
Never 'nuff pellet's...

TennX

I don't know if it will help, but I ordered a 2400KT (along with a 2300KT and 1300KT) they were ordered during Crosmans cyber week..just got an email my 2400KT will be here Monday....good luck

Weiand

Monday ain't that far away either.... new "toy" for ya to have soon.
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

A few bit of info:

Your 2300KT will have the adjustable trigger parts in the standard grip frame, i.e., the grip frame on all 13XX and 22XX pistols and including the 2300KT and 2400KT.  This standard grip frame can support either the non-adjustable 2240 and 13XX trigger or the adjustable parts of the two CCS CO2 air pistols.

There is another grip frame assembly used on 1701, 1720, and Marauder PCP pistols.  This is a substantial upgrade to the pistols in the first paragraph, and many have used this grip frame assembly (Crosman part number 2220-1030), but note a different or modified stock striker (hammer) will be needed.

Grips are interchangeable and fit both grip frames.

Performance of a stock 22XX pistol with a 14 inch barrel should be in the 550 fps (plus or minus) range.  A power adjuster (hammer spring pressure adjuster) will be able to move than up and down a bit, and also depends on the spring in use.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Weiand

Grip interchange is a bonus then, does make it easy'r. May e'en go with another set or two of the plain jane stock once's an do my own paintjob on 'em.

I do have a RPA order'd, but now, after lookin' thru Alchemy a bit, tinkin' 'mebbe I shoulda went with a few more bucks for theirs that has the "knob" to adjust with.... but I'm sure I can find one 'o those later on as well.

I keep seein' more an more parts.... I really should stop lookin'..... but well, ya know how that go's.
that port'd valve, hammers, longer bolt to seat deeper.....

Ah well, ya'll know what parts are out there. I jus' keep lookin' to see what will bring the performance/power up an have it look good doin' it. If I dink with it long 'nuff, should be able to get it to hit harder than my sheridan.

For now..... tryin' not to tink 'bout goin' beyound co2 into the hpa/pcp stuff since my air compresser I'm sure won't fill either of those an don't really wanna add the price of tanks an fills an adapter's an the sort..... yet...
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

The RPA I order'd from that Mellon place show's it shipp'd out tonite, should have it in the next few days, which will be much sooner than the pistol.
This way, I'll have a chance to see if it's complete or if I need another piece for it as well to see if I can find a "knob" for it like the one's on the other site have
Never 'nuff pellet's...

arkmaker †

I think the PA's without the knob sticking out look better and won't be in your way. Once you have it set the way you want it, chances are good you won't be fiddling with it anymore. Take a drop of blue lock-tite and place it on the back of the threads once you have it set right. With the blue you will be able to move it again if ever needed. Guess though that it is a personal preference and like you say, you can add one later.
One thing to ask Davio is if his PA's will allow you to back off from stock spring tension (good when looking to tune for maximum shot count and gas usage). I was looking at them the other night and it almost looks like it might not, because it looks like he adapts a stock endcap to a PA? My mind might be playing tricks on me. Not 100% sure about this though as I was just browsing. He has a lot of stuff  :-*

Oh, and most importantly.......I think you are gonna love it, Congrats and Enjoy!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22