2300KT on the way...

Started by Weiand, December 07, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

Weiand

I know I can't wait for it to arrive.
I keep lookin' at more an more "parts" for it an I don't e'en have it yet.
My  understanding is the one I got is fully adjustable from min to max, but will find out once pistol has arriv'd. If not, I see the one on alchemy as well as a ton of parts on there that I really need to stop lookin' at. :)
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Weiand

Once the RPA arrive's, how can I tell which type it is?
Never 'nuff pellet's...

CraigH

Do not understand the question.     ???    If by type you refer to the Mellon, it is screwdriver adjusted, full threaded, and IIRC the spring can be removed by completely removing the adjustment screw.    :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Weiand

yea, if it is the one that gives full adjustment past the other "stock" type adjusters
Never 'nuff pellet's...

BillK

The screw is a 3/8-24 that Mellon uses.  I went to the TrueValue and got one long enough to grind the end down to make a spring guide and then used it as the adjuster as shown.  Some like a exposed adjuster and some prefer it to be integrated.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Weiand

Never 'nuff pellet's...

arkmaker †

That's a good idea! You could always dress up that bolt head with one of the push on caps, which will make it a thumb screw. Caps come in different colors too. Red and Black the most common, but I've also seen yellow, green and white.
Any way, I like the built in spring guide idea!  :-*

Oh, and good luck stopping at looking at Davio's website! and all the others for that matter  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Weiand

I jus' can't seem to stop lookin' at the Alchemy site. SO much there that I "think" I need cuz I keep lookin' an lookin'.
The longer bolt, a groovy bolt hanlde, the stainless screw set, the higher performance valve, extra set of grips to paint....... I really need to stop lookin' for more than 5 mins.
Really should actually get the pistol 'fore I start buyin' box's of new stuff for it. :)
Never 'nuff pellet's...

arkmaker †

I've had a couple of sets of Davio's dipped grip sets. They really are a good step up from stock. I'm considering a camo set for my 1322 truck gun that I'm building now. If you didn't get wood grips from the custom shop, then he also has some really nice walnut sets at a great price too!

You do know that once you catch this bug..........there is NO cure! (and you, my friend, obviously & definitely have all the classic symptoms of this bug). Until you submit fully (or go broke) you will get no sleep! and I'm only half joking here  ;)

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Weiand

mmhmm, I very much am an airgunholic.....
Start'd when I found the 4 rifles an start'd lookin' 'em up an testin' 'em out an it's been all downhill from there.
lots of pellets, mounts, scopes, a pistol, order'd another pistol, parts........
hhhhhmmmm....... I can each twice a week an buy more "stuff" right? :)
Never 'nuff pellet's...

arkmaker †

You still have food? I'm down to boxes of spare parts! Whenever I get hungry now, I go out and forage with the deer. Save my money for more parts!  ;D

Weiand

Sumtin' along the line's of....

The phone bill's due. The rent's overdue. The only thing in the icebox can't be identified. The water's been shut off for weeks...
Jus' pick'd up a new 1322. Hey, first thing's first!
Never 'nuff pellet's...

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: BillK on December 14, 2016, 05:59:31 AM
The screw is a 3/8-24 that Mellon uses.  I went to the TrueValue and got one long enough to grind the end down to make a spring guide and then used it as the adjuster as shown.  Some like a exposed adjuster and some prefer it to be integrated.

Hey Bill,

I like that idea.  Can you take a pic of the screw out of the RVA?

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Weiand

My RPA arriv'd today.
by lookn' at it, since I don't have the pistol yet, is there a way to know if it's the fully adjustable or not?
Never 'nuff pellet's...