How Do You Tote Ammo?

Started by KurtM, January 24, 2017, 03:42:23 AM

arkmaker †

Yeah, I have a few of those too. What I was thinking was something that keeps each pellet in its own dimple, head down. When I pick out my pellets, I mostly look for bent skirts or bad nicks in them. Those I toss in a separete can to someday be re-worked (1st I need to make a tool to do that). But when I get good ones, I want to put them in 4 rows of 10. Someone sells just what I'm looking for, but I can't find it online yet.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

JMJinNC

BillK sent me this "shaker" tray.  I think it's what you're looking for.

Label on the back reads "Cibles Canada Targets, www.targets.ca   Nikkonos on eBay"

JMJ
John

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

arkmaker †

Thats them!!!! Thanks. I have them now and the price is pretty good!!! Man, I could not find those to save my life.
Thanks again.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Handyr

These H&N sport matchboxes are available in UK from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/H-N-Matchbox-airgun-pellets/dp/B012XX7COS

But quite pricey!

T191032

Have one of the H&N boxes, and 2-3 of the gray ones from Nikkonos on eBay.  Unfortunately, one of the gray ones seemed to have weak springs and wouldn't work properly.  They are a handy way to keep track of your pellets for shooting, imo, however.  ???

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

arkmaker †

I have a couple of those in my ebay cart. Sooner or later I'll get them  ???

BillK

50 years ago I put them between my lip & gum. :o   

I don thunk it hurt mush lik thay say. ???
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Multigunner

I use the small vials that came with my brother's breathing device that he used when ill.
There were bags full of these laying around the house.

I gave most of these to a friend to carry pre measured charges for his muzzle loading rifle.

I've used these to store small screws and parts.

One vial holds about 40 .177 pellets. I haven't really counted.

For carrying tins of pellets and CO2 cartridges I use a belt pouch made for a camera. I picked it up at good will for a dollar.
It holds five CO2 cylinders and one tin each of .22 and .177.

Goodwill and salvage stores are good sources for various sizes and shapes of pouches and carrying cases.
I found a sturdy zippered travel case that may have been intended for carrying grooming and shaving stuff.
Its exactly the right size to hold my 78g.
There are wide elastic bands on the inside that are the perfect size and position to hold CO2 cylinders and a film canister full of .22 pellets. Another band holds the barrel steady in place.

Ordinarily though simply carrying a few pellets in the shirt pocket is far handier. Just make sure to pick any lint out of the pocket first.

Just remembered something that could come in handy.
I have a slim leather pouch with spring loaded opening. Not sure what it was made for, possibly for pipe tobacco or as a change purse. I used to use it to carry loose .22 rim fire ammunition. it should work just as well for carrying pellets.

I may still have one of the very old square metal pellet tins with sliding top. They were very handy. I suppose those would be collectors items these days.

mudduck48

How do I tote ammo? A 50cal ammo box works for me.  ;) ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

RC1947

arkmaker †

Dollar Store containers are doing the job right now. They have some shallow ones there now that I have been keeping parts and screws in. I have been buying a few every time I am in there, which is not all that often. if you have a store near you, I reccomend picking up a few of these. For a buck each, it's hard to beat.

kar120c

Quote from: KevinP on January 24, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
I use my pocket ....   :-*

Nice pouche and nice pistol! Very shiny, how treatment is this?

Sorry, quoted the wrong post

kar120c

Quote from: plasticclassic on January 24, 2017, 06:14:49 PM
Wilkins pellet pouches are nice, I got one as a gift last year.

http://www.wilkinspouches.com/

Nice pouche and nice pistol! Very shiny, how treatment is this?