Custom bolt for plastic breech

Started by temchik, January 24, 2017, 03:58:30 PM

temchik

Hi All, quick one - will a custom bolt fit into the stock plastic breech? I know that steel breech comes with a bolt, not sure why

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

temchik

mr007s

you will need a new probe also as the plastic breech has a probe and bolt that are one piece.

temchik

Not sure I understand, the question is whether another probe/handle, which I called "bolt" will fit a *plastic* breech?

Quote from: mr007s on January 24, 2017, 10:35:59 PM
you will need a new probe also as the plastic breech has a probe and bolt that are one piece.

CraigH

Just a nomenclature issue.    Some call the bolt a probe, some call the handle a bolt.   Point is the thing that slide inside the breech and the thing that is grasped are both needed.      :)

BTW, expanding the subject a bit, I much prefer flow-through bolts (probes) because every style, model, type of pellet is seated to the same depth.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

mr007s

Quote from: temchik on January 24, 2017, 10:41:04 PM
Not sure I understand, the question is whether another probe/handle, which I called "bolt" will fit a *plastic* breech?

The left probe is the standard probe (piece with Oring on end) the cocking is a fixed permanent, does not have threads so it can be taken apart unless some grinding or drilling is done. After market probes are drilled and tapped for the custom handle you purchase but you also need the handle that is threaded

BillK

The plastic breech comes apart allowing the bolt/probe and handle to be in one piece.  Since the steel breech does not come apart the bolt/probe is separate and the bolt handle screws into the bolt/probe once it is inserted in the breech.
This is the long answer......

Didn't see 007s post as I type so slowly.......... 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CraigH

Note than the GMAC hollow-probe bolts have a notably longer probe than some others like the Mellon Air.   I would have tried (and still want to) a GMAC but never received a response to inquiry.   All mine are the SS Mellon Air.   Either positions the pellet fully in front of the transfer port.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

mr007s

Quote from: BillK on January 25, 2017, 01:22:12 AM
The plastic breech comes apart allowing the bolt/probe and handle to be in one piece.  Since the steel breech does not come apart the bolt/probe is separate and the bolt handle screws into the bolt/probe once it is inserted in the breech.
This is the long answer......

Didn't see 007s post as I type so slowly..........

AI second what Bill said.

mr007s

Quote from: CraigH on January 25, 2017, 01:48:00 AM
Note than the GMAC hollow-probe bolts have a notably longer probe than some others like the Mellon Air.   I would have tried (and still want to) a GMAC but never received a response to inquiry.   All mine are the SS Mellon Air.   Either positions the pellet fully in front of the transfer port.

I have a Mellon Air hollow probe in "Stone Cold", my .25 cal home built carbine. Cant believe any other could be any better.