What I did today.

Started by TraderJoe, August 16, 2017, 01:11:04 AM

TraderJoe

Soooo I decided that while I am waiting for my CCS 2300KT to arrive I ordered a 1377 from Walmart today; it will be ready for store pickup Thursday.  :-*
I will now have something to "plink" with and do a few mods, i.e. steel breech, a longer barrel, shoulder stock and a scope/red dot sight. And who knows what else down the road.  :)
Proper gun control is hitting the target the first time.
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22

Old Dog

Quote from: TraderJoe on August 16, 2017, 01:11:04 AM
Soooo I decided that while I am waiting for my CCS 2300KT to arrive I ordered a 1377 from Walmart today; it will be ready for store pickup Thursday.  :-*
I will now have something to "plink" with and do a few mods, i.e. steel breech, a longer barrel, shoulder stock and a scope/red dot sight. And who knows what else down the road.  :)

Modding is only limited by ones wallet, open it wide for the most fun  :-* :-* :-*
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Old Dog on August 16, 2017, 01:50:42 AM
Modding is only limited by ones wallet, open it wide for the most fun  :-* :-* :-*
;) ;)  So TRUE!   :) :)

BillK

One of the first things you will notice is the trigger on the 2240 &/or 13xx guns.  The triggers & sears need some smoothing.  There are U Tube and many posts on the web regarding the procedure.
One of the best trigger springs I have found is the one Roy @ Mountain Air makes/sells.  I have them on all of my carbine  22xx & 13xx guns.  Most of my pistols have the 1701P type trigger frames as they are better but cost $35.+ more than the trigger smoothing & spring & guide.
I just got a CCS gun and had not remembered how much in need of trigger work the basic Crosman is right from the factory.

http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

TraderJoe

Quote from: BillK on August 16, 2017, 06:11:24 AM
One of the first things you will notice is the trigger on the 2240 &/or 13xx guns.  The triggers & sears need some smoothing.  There are U Tube and many posts on the web regarding the procedure.

http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/
Yep, that's the first thing I will do when I get this baby...get out the smoothing and polishing gear (Dremel). :-*
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22

mghealeytr

TraderJoe

Quote from: TraderJoe on August 16, 2017, 01:11:04 AM
Well my order is in at Wally World, but I have changed my mind on the aquisition. After pondering this decision and calculating costs, I realized (which I already knew in the back of my mind) that I can order the 1300KT from the CCS with steel breech, the stock I want, a longer barrel, muzzle brake of my choice  and no optics, as I have a couple suitable scopes, for about $15 more than just what the stock 1377 cost me ($49 + tax and adding  the steel breech mod ($46-$49).  :-* Only downside is the waiting.  :(
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22

Ken

The wait might be a little longer than it normally is. I ordered my KT2300 on the 5th of July. I must confess that I failed to hold out on their special. I called Crosman customer service on the 10th of August because they had sent me two e-mails to rate my recent purchase. I was informed that they had received more orders than expected. Good news is I'm still in queue. In hindsight I shouldn't have waited to order.
Ken

TraderJoe

:)
Quote from: Ken on August 18, 2017, 10:51:32 PM
The wait might be a little longer than it normally is. I ordered my KT2300 on the 5th of July. I must confess that I failed to hold out on their special. I called Crosman customer service on the 10th of August because they had sent me two e-mails to rate my recent purchase. I was informed that they had received more orders than expected. Good news is I'm still in queue. In hindsight I shouldn't have waited to order.
I already have a 2300KT on order so will wait on the next "holiday discount" to order the 13xx and/or 2400KT.  :-*
2300KT
Benjamin Titan NP .22
FX Tarantula PCP .22