P-rod trigger group

Started by GumpIsrael, September 11, 2017, 05:47:37 AM

GumpIsrael

This maybe a stupid question, but is crosman's website the only place to get a complete P-rod trigger assembly? Also, will they even sell me a complete trigger assembly or do I just get the parts in the mail?
Asking because I want to put a P-rod trigger group on my "PC22" (PC77 heavily modded and in .22).
I never said that I was a nice guy.

BillK

You can order from Crosman.  Get the complete grip frame #2220-103 for $37.50 + $4. shipping.  Just call & order.
Or Roy @ Mountain has frames & hammer for $60. + shipping.
http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

GumpIsrael

Thanks Bill! Hopefully I can get some OT at work soon to find this mod. (I try to limit my mods to 1 mod per month in our normal budget.)

Rualert

Gump, get the complete grip frame from Crosman, and order the matching hammer at the same time. One of the best mods to start with, even if you already tried smoothing the trigger and lightening the trigger spring. The difference is night and day, you get a two stage fully adjustable trigger that's nice and smooth right from the start.

Casey

P.S. I have a couple plus several of the pistols that we use for our 4-H club members to  shoot, and the only thing I have that's even close is one of my first full builds that I put a roller trigger, and the two stage super sear in. Those two parts each cost more than the whole trigger frame.

BillK

Chas. Mellon has the needed hammer for the 1701 trigger frame.  You can buy it from him or fill in the groove on the Crosman hammer w/JB Weld.
http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/odds-ends
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Rualert

Quote from: BillK on September 15, 2017, 05:15:16 AM
Chas. Mellon has the needed hammer for the 1701 trigger frame.  You can buy it from him or fill in the groove on the Crosman hammer w/JB Weld.
http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/odds-ends

I, and many others here have done the JB Weld fill on a stock hammer and it works just fine. Now that I have my own lathe, I just turn a fresh one when I need it.

Casey

P.S. Mellon always has great parts at reasonable prices. Great value for top notch parts. Can't go wrong with him.

GumpIsrael

The P-rod trigger group is on hold for now (wife said no more expensive mods until next month). The whole reason I was gonna do this was because my trigger was really darn heavy. Well.... I had forgotten that I had used a couple of non stock springs in this gun.... A Benji 392 hammer spring and a random spring I had laying around for the sear spring.
Luckily I had some assorted springs laying around and decided to use them. Cut and closed a couple and cut and closed the 392 spring, the trigger is much lighter now but holds a little air at 15 pumps. But ten is all I need to kill rats at 20yrds. So I'll be doing headshots only for a bit. Got some springs coming in the mail that I got for cheap so I can make the trigger passable until I get the okay to get the trigger group.

Imzratt321

There is fully assembled Prod triggers on Ebay.  I think they are $99.
2240 w/P rod trigger frame
2217 Carbine
P rod Carbine
M rod .177 cal, w/ WAR mods
M rod .22   cal, w/ WAR mods
M rod .25   cal  w/ WAR mods

plasticclassic

Quote from: BillK on September 11, 2017, 08:31:40 PM
You can order from Crosman.  Get the complete grip frame #2220-103 for $37.50 + $4. shipping.  Just call & order.
Or Roy @ Mountain has frames & hammer for $60. + shipping.
http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/

Thanks Bill ☺