Have I have Been Booted, Or What?

Started by RetatCDude, November 22, 2017, 12:24:06 AM

RetatCDude

Don't see any posts, at all...
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

CraigH

Has been very quiet - You're not booted!

Members trolling for deals?    Preparing for Thanksgiving?    Busy in the shop?

I'm mostly on #1!    :D
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

crossliner

Quote from: CraigH on November 22, 2017, 02:03:58 AM
Has been very quiet - You're not booted!

Members trolling for deals?    Preparing for Thanksgiving?    Busy in the shop?

I'm mostly on #1!    :D

True! On Friday I am going to Airguns of Arizona! Well, me, my family, and friends are going to Phoenix Outlet Premium to shop, so I will just head out to Gilbert, AZ after that. Got no plans of buying an airgun though. My passion for airguns has already waned since I am now into rimfires. I was planning to build a Don Cothran special but had 2nd thoughts.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, gents!

mudduck48

Booted? I don't think so Tim. You would have to do something really bad to get booted off this forum. Ain't like the "other" ones.  :P :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rangerfredbob

Just been a busy year for me, got married at my house in August, was a stupid wet winter and spring then non comfortably hot summer, haven't had time for airguns this year... I'm in the process of reclaiming the garage but getting the house ready for at least 16 people coming over on Thursday is keeping me busy right now... not to mention all of the automotive issues that have come up this year...

Anyway, shooting shall resume soon!
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

RetatCDude

Quote from: crossliner on November 22, 2017, 02:56:03 AM
True! On Friday I am going to Airguns of Arizona! Well, me, my family, and friends are going to Phoenix Outlet Premium to shop, so I will just head out to Gilbert, AZ after that. Got no plans of buying an airgun though. My passion for airguns has already waned since I am now into rimfires. I was planning to build a Don Cothran special but had 2nd thoughts.

My son lives a couple of streets over from Gilbert (Mesa).
Since I got back into adult airguns about five years ago, I always read what a bunch of a-holes the folks at AOA are.

NOT!

Two years ago while visiting the kid, we stopped over to the AOA shop.
The owner (I think) spent about two hours with my son talking about airguns and even let him shoot a few.
I explained to the owner the differences between the D48 & D52 and I think he offered me a job. (A long commute for the San Francisco Bay Area, though).

I spotted a nice t-shirt (with a nice price).
The boss said, "Take it".

Hardly something folks treating customers badly would say.

BTW...My son is a Grand Master 3-gun competitor but wanting to try some 10M shooting, he bought a FWB603 from AOA & I sent him my spare IZH46M to join the Daisy 747 I sent him a couple of years ago.

For Tactical Rifle practice he also bought a Benjamin Armada and a tank from AOA.

He likes his toys.

A USC graduate in engineering, after 911 he went into the army as a combat medic, serving in Afghanistan with rescue aircrews flying Blackhawk helicopters.

Coming home he went to Arizona (and Medical school) where he is a Physician's Assistant at a hospital there.

Enjoy your vacation in Phoenix.

Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

crossliner

RetatDude sir, muchos gracias for the information. I did ring AOA last Monday and they told me they are open on Friday so I am going that way 2 days from now. I dunno why but my passion for airguns has died down. Just might need a little boost, lol!

My primary purpose is to check out some Hawke scopes for my current 10/22 build w/c is a combination of Kidd and Tactical Innovations metal parts, and a custom stock (bought 2) made by a guy in Rhode Island. There is a store that is having a 25% discount on all Hawke optics and that is a lot of savings, imho. I am eyeing the Hawke Frontier, their flagship model, with a TMX reticle in 5-30x50 configuration. That one will only focus down to 30 yards unlike their 2-15x50 model w/c does 10 yards but I have been hearing good things about it. It is said to be very clear, having 21 coatings vs the 18 on the Sidewinder models, and the 16 on the Airmax lineup.

Good for your son and congrats, senor  :-*

RetatCDude

That Hawke scope is quite heavy for a 10/22 IMHO.
But your probably just shooting paper.
Good luck and travel safe..
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Brutuz

Click bait topic title, as you can see it works, a lot of us here but urge to post low due to stuff mentioned above  :D 8)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

vertguy

Ditto on AoA being good people. Stopped in there a couple years ago while visiting our son who lived just north in Mesa and spent >2 hours fondling several FX guns and various scopes. Ended up walking out of there with a scoped Verminator that I must have put 50 plus pellet through in their range after they sighted it in. Think I was also dealing with the owner and he went out of his way to get me set up.

I am another one who has lost interest in AG's (for now) as the Verminator was so effective that my target rich yard is all but eradicated of those pesky diggers ;D
PC77
FX Verminator .22

arkmaker †

Other than making a few parts, I have not been shooting either so not much to post about :-(

My interest hasn't lowered, but my wallet is not as full as I need it to be! I have been leaning lately towards a RWS 54 and then there is the AA S200 that I have been wanting for a million or so years, but that will be even more money as I will need a compressor for filling! Almost had enough money saved for the springer, but then the golf cart crapped out and then the van!! Have to start over again........Maybe by spring unless I can sell this stupid AR that I got in a trade.........what was I thinking?? :-)

For now, I am piddling with a 2250 carbine, bit by bit.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Noah

Quote from: crossliner on November 22, 2017, 02:56:03 AM

Make sure to bring your wallet if going to AoA - I've been there several times and always left with more stuff than intended. Please tell Kip I said hello!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

crossliner

Quote from: RetatCDude on November 22, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
That Hawke scope is quite heavy for a 10/22 IMHO.
But your probably just shooting paper.
Good luck and travel safe..

Only for paper, Mr. RCD  :-*

Mr. Noah, my motive is just to check out how good the Hawke Frontier 5-30x50 TMX reticle is, and then I am going to order it online. Regular price is $699 but I can get one for $545 something. Their Sidewinder can be had for $350 something and that is for the 6.5-20x42. Like I have said, they are discounting their Hawke optics 25%.

Mr. Vertguy, I do remember you buying an ag from AOA about 3 years ago. You topped it w/ a Mamba scope, a 12x or a 16x and you decided to swap it or something like that, right?  :-*

Mr. Arkmaker, you won't be sorry getting an S200  :-*

I really wish there was someone who would share my passion for airguns here in Gallup, NM, but it is a sleepy county with only 1 shopping mall, lol! I love it here though. Lots of Filipinos like myself and I also have plenty of Native American friends at work  :-*

RetatCDude

Gallup..

I spent 10 years there one night..

BTW Field Target has recently started allowing 16X scopes for the Hunter Division.

With that said there will probably be some very good quality 12X scopes available soon on the used tables.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

crossliner

Quote from: RetatCDude on November 23, 2017, 01:10:44 AM
Gallup..

I spent 10 years there one night..

BTW Field Target has recently started allowing 16X scopes for the Hunter Division.

With that said there will probably be some very good quality 12X scopes available soon on the used tables.

Lol! I was there today, Mr. RCD, so I bought me a 1377 for nostalgic reasons. Stayed there for 2 hours because the wife and son went shopping. I showed them the Hawke scopes which are on sale right and discounted for around 32% and they could not match the price, so I just ordered them online. Got the Hawke Frontier 5-3x50 for less than $500..I bought 2, lol! The Sidewinder 8.5-25x42 can be had for $337 + shipping..The Airmax 6-24x50 is $283 + shipping.